8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so i bought an intake on eBay but i just send him the money through paypal without bidding on it because the auction was ending in 6 days i got my intake 3 days ago and it was missing a filter I emailed the guy back and he never responded so far i send him like 3 emails, what should i do next? He has an eBay store and sells performance parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Send him an email and let him know that you'll be leaving bad feedback if he doesn't respond in 48 hours. After that, if he still doesn't respond you'll be submitting a buyer complaint to PayPal for "item not as described". Then wait.

If he still doesn't respond, then do exactly that. It'll be a hassle to work with paypal to try to straighten this up. If you're not up for the hassle, I'd say just leave him bad feedback and buy the missing part separately.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,725 Posts
alpha said:
Send him an email and let him know that you'll be leaving bad feedback if he doesn't respond in 48 hours. After that, if he still doesn't respond you'll be submitting a buyer complaint to PayPal for "item not as described". Then wait.

If he still doesn't respond, then do exactly that. It'll be a hassle to work with paypal to try to straighten this up. If you're not up for the hassle, I'd say just leave him bad feedback and buy the missing part separately.
he cant do any of that because it was a dealing outside of ebay...he didnt bid on it, which means he didnt win, therfeor not possible to leave feedback.
and ebay will not file any report for him since he didnt purchase it through the site...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
he cant do any of that because it was a dealing outside of ebay...he didnt bid on it, which means he didnt win, therfeor not possible to leave feedback.
and ebay will not file any report for him since he didnt purchase it through the site...
D'oh! Sorry, I read it wrong. Ignore my post above.

What I should've posted was...

If he doesn't respond than he's not responding on purpose and you're just screwed. Sorry to say it so bluntly but the risks of buying/selling on ebay (already high enough) is quadrupled when the transaction is done outside of ebay. There is a reason why ebay has so many "protection" policies, besides it sounding good to the casual buyer/seller, sometimes they do help hedge some risk.

For future reference, if you want to buy from someone directly instead of waiting around, request that they modify the item to put it "Buy It Now" price on it. It's that simple.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Go to your Paypal account and file a claim. I just did this on an item I bought directly from a seller. I got my money back, btw....

jerij
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,243 Posts
Was it supposed to ship with a name brand filter or just "a filter". Chances are it was going to ship with a shitty filter anyways, and I would not want to use one on my car. Take this as a chance to get a good filter for it.

If it was supposed to ship with something good then I donno, you bought it without actually bidding on it so I don't know if your protected by anything.

How the hell did he accept that anyways? If it was buy it now you could have bought it then. If it was a $200 intake and the current bid was $40 what did you do, just send him $100 or something??? I'm confused as to why he actually sent it out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
jerij said:
Go to your Paypal account and file a claim. I just did this on an item I bought directly from a seller. I got my money back, btw....

jerij
Just for my benefit... how does Paypal make you prove that the item was not what it should have been? (or do they?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top