8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i recently buy a jrsc from corsport and waiting to receive it. my plan was to run my hps sillicone hose with the stock airboix with a knn drop in filter but today i was at the dyno to make some base run to have number for the '' before '' and the guy said that my intake was killing me on power and will eventuatly be worse with the superchager on it ... the problem is that i live in montreal and the weather is not very good , summer is like 30 degree celsius and very rainy and winter is minus 30 and snow , so i want to know if my intake setup is that bad and if it will be better with a sri even if it take hot air from the engine ?? thank you very much and by the way excuse me for my english i speak french and i do my best

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
Your best bet is to have an intake which can take in a large volume of air.

Colder air is more preferable, but then again, it raises in temperature significantly the second it hits the engine. Try to find the largest intake you can get.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the fast reply man ! so if i understand right , its better for me to have a sri wich have a larger tubing and have a larger debit of air than my actual setup but my number 1 choice will be a cold air intake so i will have the air volume and the colder air . but will it make that big of a difference on a 10psi supercharger setup because it may be a power difference on a dyno for max power but sometime on the street drivability is better

·
Registered
149 Posts
the jrsc system i have uses a injen short ram intake, which is what jackson racing dyno'd the system with aswell they strongly recommend atleast a sri so the supercharger can pull extra air, drivablility i think will be much better, I think you should get a sri atleast for the setup you can look to see which one is the best but your preference really

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
the jrsc comes with a smaller pulley than say a cs1. so it is HIGHLY recommended you get some sort of aftermarket intake. id say, if you like it better, get a cai. or an sri, a stock kn will not suffice with stock air box.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ordered a cai yesterday!! i was a little disapointed because i just bought my hps intake hose and the knn drop in filter but i am shure its not gonna be difficult to sell

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
a word of advice on the cai, be very careful when going over puddles, you don't want it to suck up a bunch of water.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do you think hydraflow shield and thing like that could be a good option? will it rob some power , i remember that the aem bypass ( wich should not be utilise with f/i ) rob like 70% of the gain of a cai

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think you should be fine as long as you dont submerge the intake it would have to create a vacuum on the water to suck it in the intake.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Small puddles are seriously fine. I went over a decent puddle (2 inches deep) by accident the other day in a downpour and I was totally fine. You honestly need to go through some serious water to hydrolock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts