8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of intake would be best to put on my R18? (2010 Lx-S) I was considering the CAI.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I really can't speak to an lx, most likely any cold air intake you find will perform the same, remember less bends means easier access the air has, and if you get too big of an intake (for si's its anything >2.5in) you'll need a flashpro to run a tune based on map rather than maf. This is because once you surpass the size of an intake the car can read air flow through, the maf won't read correctly. I even got a check engine light for running rich with a 2.5in short ram. Personally, I'd invest in a flashpro, makes our cars act how they should have from factory, then go with any big tube cold air intake from amazon you like, name brands are good but expensive and fu**.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cold air means mo powa baby because colder air is denser, short ram is hotter air but if tuned only sees about a 5-8hp difference (depending on size and bends and tune), I personally have both, cold air intake for summer use, and short ram for winter and rainy seasons (since cold air will suck a whole lot of water and junk up if its the kind positioned in the bumper, and when its winter, the air is dense enough that a short ram will act similar to how a cold air acts in the summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts