8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is someone going to release a high flow airfilter or an intake kit for the 06 civic? waiting sux

·
Registered
436 Posts
i bet ull see alot of parts for the r18 and newest k20 at the sema show. seeing that jackson racing does s/c's for the d-series motor, it wouldnt surprise me if the do stuff like this for the r18.if trd does one for the scion tc. it's only in due time the r18 will get mods like this with the k20.

·
Registered
10 Posts
jdm8thgen said:
i bet ull see alot of parts for the r18 and newest k20 at the sema show. seeing that jackson racing does s/c's for the d-series motor, it wouldnt surprise me if the do stuff like this for the r18.if trd does one for the scion tc. it's only in due time the r18 will get mods like this with the k20.
I don't see how they can fit a SC in there when the intake manifold is tilted backwards and there is about 2 inches of spaces between it and the firewall. Jackson makes SCs for the D16 but never the D17 because they can't get it to fit with the intake manifold. I suspect the r18 will be a mod unfriendly car.

·
Registered
436 Posts
robbclark1 said:
I don't see how they can fit a SC in there when the intake manifold is tilted backwards and there is about 2 inches of spaces between it and the firewall. Jackson makes SCs for the D16 but never the D17 because they can't get it to fit with the intake manifold. I suspect the r18 will be a mod unfriendly car.
u raise a good pont. i missed. guess its i/h/e for me.... should be good gains

·
Registered
84 Posts
if this engine responds like the the D17 to mods then alot of ppl will be pissed about gaining 5 HP on I/H/E and the loss of $1000....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts