8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this article while doing some research on intake manifolds. I searched & didn't find it, so I hope this isn't a re-post.

K-Series Intake Manifold Shootout - K20A Type-R Engine - Super Street Magazine

Cliff Notes version:

All tests were done on an internally stock K20a.

Code:
		 HP	 TQ
PRC baseline	214	144
Ported RBB	 -0.2	+11.0
Stock RBC	 +5.0	 +0.6
Skunk2		+10.4	 +2.4
Ported RBC	 +5.3	 +1.3
RAA		-10.5	 +7.4
RRC		+14.5	 +8.6

·
Registered
313 Posts
I found this article while doing some research on intake manifolds. I searched & didn't find it, so I hope this isn't a re-post.

K-Series Intake Manifold Shootout - K20A Type-R Engine - Super Street Magazine

Cliff Notes version:

All tests were done on an internally stock K20a.

Code:
		 HP	 TQ
PRC baseline	214	144
Ported RBB	 -0.2	+11.0
Stock RBC	 +5.0	 +0.6
Skunk2		+10.4	 +2.4
Ported RBC	 +5.3	 +1.3
RAA		-10.5	 +7.4
RRC		+14.5	 +8.6

From the test we did the on dyno back to back stock rrc vs stock rbc it was about the same everywhere ... the rrc did make 1-2 hp more up top by redline..... imo the rrc not worth it

ryan @ church auto

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the test we did the on dyno back to back stock rrc vs stock rbc it was about the same everywhere ... the rrc did make 1-2 hp more up top by redline..... imo the rrc not worth it

ryan @ church auto
What TB did you use?

·
Registered
881 Posts

ryan @ church auto
I have seen conflicting data on this also

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
You guys sure do like to try to be the authority on modifications.

Both of my buddies make amazing power with the RRC manifold.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
looks like porting the RBC on a stock motor isn't really worth it. Gains might be better if a larger TB was used though. Would be cool to see that dyno graph.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Depends on if you intend on Big Cams and or FI or stock head. Stockish head or stage 1s I would go RRC. Also If you intend on using the 06+ civic Si TB, you would need to get the RRC b/c our TB wont fit on the Skunk2 unless they came out with a solution for that.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I have read that article so many times, the pages of my magazine are dog earred. From what I have read, the RRC is the way to go. I plan on using the Hybrid Racing TB when it comes out. I will have the RRC port matched as well. Given that I have IPS cams and will soon have a Go-Power custom header with 3" collector and a Full Race exhaust, it should perform really well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts