8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Have you ever ported a RSP intake manifold?

Stock for stock, this RSP kills the RBC and RRC up to 8000rpms.

Thoughts?

Regards

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump.....

... Have one of these babys, a RRC and a RBC..... Ready to ship and i need a ported IM soon for my 2.4cc k20 build!!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Bump.....

... Have one of these babys, a RRC and a RBC..... Ready to ship and i need a ported IM soon for my 2.4cc k20 build!!

We have not had one of these in-hand to actually test, but looking at the pictures and of how it's designed. It doesn't look like porting would net much gains over what it currently produces. Unlike the RBC which picks up phenomenally over a stock piece when it's ported.

RRC - would never invest money into those what so ever. Stock VS. Stock RBC, theres virtually no difference in power when compared. Out of say 10 dynos, maybe one or two will have a peak number of maybe 1 or 2hp greater than RBC but never was consistently above the mark. The only thing great about the RRC is the price tag. It's twice the price for something that is here in the states and works exactly the same.

Being from the FD2 or FN2 doesn't make the product immediately and automatically the better piece.

·
Registered
298 Posts
We have not had one of these in-hand to actually test, but looking at the pictures and of how it's designed. It doesn't look like porting would net much gains over what it currently produces. Unlike the RBC which picks up phenomenally over a stock piece when it's ported.

RRC - would never invest money into those what so ever. Stock VS. Stock RBC, theres virtually no difference in power when compared. Out of say 10 dynos, maybe one or two will have a peak number of maybe 1 or 2hp greater than RBC but never was consistently above the mark. The only thing great about the RRC is the price tag. It's twice the price for something that is here in the states and works exactly the same.

Being from the FD2 or FN2 doesn't make the product immediately and automatically the better piece.
Great info, in line to some reports of none to minimal gains for the RRC IM.
Would you know that's the case for mostly stock or bolt on cars?
Should the RRC yeld more gains when paired with a J35 TB or maybe cams?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts