8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wondering what the benefits of an aftermarket, intake manifold gasket are

feel free to list some popular ones, if they need to be fabricated, pics and gains/losses by performing this upgrade

thank bunches,
pat

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
The plasic ones (P2R and the hondata heat shield) help to stop heat transfer from the head to the IM. Some will argue it helps.

i find it negligable.

IMO its not worth the fight to get your IM off to put one on. and its a ***** to get off too.

·
Registered
824 Posts
alotta people get it just to get it so that they'll be able to say "i got a hondata IMG".

Honestly it doesn't seem to be worth the 30-50 bucks plus the hassel of taking off the manifold!!!

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
The plasic ones (P2R and the hondata heat shield) help to stop heat transfer from the head to the IM. Some will argue it helps.

i find it negligable.

IMO its not worth the fight to get your IM off to put one on. and its a ***** to get off too.
:yeahthat:

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
If I ever get a new car I am going to leave the damn IMG on. I almost felt bad for my friend when he was installing it but than I remembered that I was paying him to install the IMG.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Yeah on my DSM, almost nobody gives a crap about those things, of course it easier to get horsepower out of a 4g63 than a k20.

I would guess that putting that spacer on may add like one extra horsepower if you use it with a CAI, but you can get the same gains from loosing like 60lbs from you or your car, so you decide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts