8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to buy an intake for my 07 si but idk what kind should i get. . .im looking for performance not just sound so which is better CAI or SRI?
also what company shoul i go with ? i was thinking of buying an INGEN CAI but i want so get some opinions b4 i spend my $$$$ (price is not an option)
thanx!!!!!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok lol what exactly is hydrolock and hiow serious is it and probability of HL occuring?

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-ons-all-motor/64656-xs-intake-faq.html

In my opinion the best intake on the market right now is the X Intake (click on thread for all info). I'll be ordering one in the next few months so I can ditch the Fujita SRI that doesn't really do all that much. X's intake is more expensive than the others, but you get what you pay for (proven hp, and torque gains). After Jan 1, all orders for the X Intake will go through Corsport who is a sponsor on the 8th. Happy shopping:biggrin:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
ok lol what exactly is hydrolock and hiow serious is it and probability of HL occuring?
Hydrolock occurs when water is sucked up through a cold air intake, and goes into the engine. It's bad, and you don't want it to happen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
well i would go with the injen cai and i wouldnt worry about hyrolock to much unless it rains alot where you live it is hidden pretty good in the bumper i have the injen cai i live upstate ny where it snows and rain pretty good and i have not had a prob yet but injen sells a sleeve to go over the air filter to prevent lock up and keep it clean without loseing hp as per injen but i cut down 3 tenths off my times with the cai alone.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Yeah go X, just wait until corsport takes over it though, the guys obviously working hard but cannot keep up with all the orders. my .02

·
Registered
171 Posts
Here comes the x fan club again. Not everybody wants a homemade intake. Give it a rest you guys.

I remember at one point everyone said, Injen CAI FTW!!!! Now its Xfactor FTW!!! A couple months later it will be [insert new company name here] FTW!!!

·
I Beez In The Trap
24,576 Posts
want to buy an intake for my 07 si but idk what kind should i get. . .im looking for performance not just sound so which is better CAI or SRI?
also what company shoul i go with ? i was thinking of buying an INGEN CAI but i want so get some opinions b4 i spend my $$$$ (price is not an option)
thanx!!!!!!!
Here comes the x fan club again. Not everybody wants a homemade intake. Give it a rest you guys.

I remember at one point everyone said, Injen CAI FTW!!!! Now its Xfactor FTW!!! A couple months later it will be [insert new company name here] FTW!!!
it ain't got nuthin to do with a fan club bro. he wants power and the X intake provides it. period.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I agree with ORRRR, even tho I have one like what X did, not everyone wants some home made intake... most people want aftermarket thats will known and still has good gains

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
I read the X-intake FAQ and I've heard that supposedly the x-intake suffers from no heat soak, but how many times was the engine run w/ the x-intake? Once or ten times? If it was only once, there wouldn't be much heat in the first place for the intake to absorb? It just makes sense to me. Just wondering...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I have the Injen CAI and cannot wait to get rid of it. it makes my car run fairly rough on occasion. In all honestly I would stick with the stock airbox and spend your money elsewhere or do something like the X intake. I am not an X fanboy but after owning a Injen SRI and CAI, I can tell you they are not worth the money.

·
Registered
375 Posts
who cares what it looks like! its about performance now how pritty it looks in the engine bay. also i have read just about every review people have put up about the x intake after they have installed it and they all read w/ the same result just in different people's perspectives.. i havn't read a single negative thing about what x has made so all i have 2 say is **** all the people that think u can't make power in the garage were do u think all the big companie's started? this is america ass hole's the land of opertunity did we forget that? so the guy took a chance and it came out good! so he is going 2 make money off it! i give him props and i fight for people's ability 2 do that! the only thing i didn't like about it was giving a guy that i don't know my money and having 2 wait for him 2 make the product and send it 2 me. ( no affence x) but now that corsport is going 2 be selling them i will be ordering one for sure.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I have the Injen CAI and cannot wait to get rid of it. it makes my car run fairly rough on occasion. In all honestly I would stick with the stock airbox and spend your money elsewhere or do something like the X intake. I am not an X fanboy but after owning a Injen SRI and CAI, I can tell you they are not worth the money.
I am in somewhat of the same position. Exept I really like my CAI, and although imo my car ran relitivly rough stock, on occasion the CAI seems to make things a little worse.(mainly in the summer with the AC on) I just cannot justify spending 300+ on another intake, when I have already spent 270 on my Injen. And if I did buy the X intake I would be expecting to feel a gain, and would be really pissed if I didnt. Plus my idle has smoothed out alot after installing the HFC, and Vibrant 2.5 inch exhaust :biggrin:

To the OP, I would go with either and Injen CAI, Fujita CAI, or the X intake. Hyrolock is not very common, I have ran a CAI on both my cars for about 4 years now, and never had a problem.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts