8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, how's it going? Just wondering what I/H/E setup's you're running and anything you've tried or switched out in the past. Just trying to narrow down my options and see what to go for, thanks a ton.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Currently running Hybrid Racing CAI, Skunk2 Alpha header, and Invidia Q300 exhaust. Also have NST pulley kit and Flashpro, with tune from Vitviper. I love this setup, very fun and perfect sound for me. On my first 8th gen Si, I tried Injen CAI, Type 1 Racing Intake, Skunk2 Mega Power header, and Skunk2 Mega power exhaust (Skunk2 combo was loud as hell and too much for my taste). A lot of it is personal preference, but from what I've gathered, best CAI is between Hybrid Racing and Skunk2. Skunk2 alpha header has good gains and won't break the bank. I went with the Invidia Q300 to mainly keep sound down with good gains. I've gotten several compliments on the exhaust from non-import guys, it's not overbearing by any means, but it sounds mean when you get on it in VTEC glory! I'd first recommend a Flashpro, even on stock car it makes good improvements. Also, from my understanding with the big CAI's of Hybrid Racing , and probably Skunk2 as well, the car won't even start on stock tune. On a side note, with a race header you'll either want to upgrade motor mounts or inject them to avoid banging/damage. I used 3M window weld to inject mine and it works great. I've had Boomba mounts before and they caused a **** ton of vibration (expected with stiff mounts). The injected mounts still cause more vibration, but it's not quite as much to me, and still does the job. Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling now, but I'm happy to share any info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Running a DIY hot air intake with some cold air ducting from the bumper to the filter...a DIY 4-2-1 header that ends in 3inches, no cat, 3inch 1 box system all the way back.., previously it had a hot air intake (no ducting), shorty header, 2.5 inch system with a 3inch back box.. The changes made netted some nice increases throughout the rev range..it added almost 15whp..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts