8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anyone knew if aftermarket intakes for a CSX 2.0L or RSX type-S 2.0L were compatable. I was looking at getting an HPS silicone intake hose then I notice they also build CAI and SRI intakes. But they do not make them for our car just the CSX and RSX Type-S. I was hoping if anyone knew if an intake built for either of those cars would fit on our k20z3. I sure hope so.

·
Registered
791 Posts
since the CSX-S is nothing more than an up-badged FA5, yes it should work. It may be that the sellers are advertising for JDM or CDM clientele, in which case the "Si" badge doesn't exist.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
since the CSX-S is nothing more than an up-badged FA5, yes it should work. It may be that the sellers are advertising for JDM or CDM clientele, in which case the "Si" badge doesn't exist.
well here is the intake I am wanting. they make an intake tube to replace the one on the stock airbox but if I am gonna spend 100+ bucks on something I wanto do more than leave factory setup HPS Shortram Air Intake Kit Acura 02-06 RSX Type-S Red short ram k&n filter
would something like this made for the k20z1 fit on our cars? I have looked at pictures of the engines on the rsx type S and it looks very similar to our motor.

·
Registered
791 Posts
That looks nearly identical to the K&N Typhoon tubing shown below:

Now keep in mind the k20z1 and k20z3 are slightly different, but fundamentally the same. the main difference between RSX-s and Civic Si (under the hood at least) is placement and space. If I were you, I would probably get something made for the Si, but I'm sure the intake you listed will work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
well here is the intake I am wanting. they make an intake tube to replace the one on the stock airbox but if I am gonna spend 100+ bucks on something I wanto do more than leave factory setup HPS Shortram Air Intake Kit Acura 02-06 RSX Type-S Red short ram k&n filter
would something like this made for the k20z1 fit on our cars? I have looked at pictures of the engines on the rsx type S and it looks very similar to our motor.
The type-s bay is very different (space, bracket locations, etc.) so you may have mounting issues. If you get this Sr, be prepared to improvise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone for the help its a bummer HPS doesnt make an SRI for our cars.. I love how they look great and are only 170

·
Registered
47 Posts
I will not reccomend SRI. Especially at summer time - It is really don't work at all. It soacs worm air under the hood. Nothing good except VTEC noise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get a true CAI or don't even waste your time or money.
My only problem with a CAI is you have to relocate battery and all sorts of shizz to get it in. and plus I worry about hydrolock. yes I know that hydroshield thing is supposed to work but I am very untrusting. lol

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My only problem with a CAI is you have to relocate battery and all sorts of shizz to get it in. and plus I worry about hydrolock. yes I know that hydroshield thing is supposed to work but I am very untrusting. lol
Get the new Hybrid Racing CAI... it has a bypass valve that will suck up air in the bay if ur filter gets wet / submerged in water :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get the new Hybrid Racing CAI... it has a bypass valve that will suck up air in the bay if ur filter gets wet / submerged in water :)
I would love to but its 350 bucks LOL I'm a broke ass. I was curious I seen that Ice box DIY I was thinking. what if you took the resonator box out, and then connected the hose that comes down from the airbox to the resonator Into the hose that runs up from resonator into the fender well? Still would function like CAI just less likely to scoop any water up right?

·
Registered
891 Posts
There are plenty of Cai kits that don't require battery relocation. And do you regularly drive your civic through two feet of water? If not you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
501 Posts
As mentioned, you won't have a problem using an intake made specifically for the CSX since it is fundamentally the same as the Si.

The intake system on the RSX, however, uses separate MAP and IAT sensors while the SI/CSX use a MAF sensor with an integrated IAT... read as: they are not compatible if you simply hope to bolt the RSX intake to the SI.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would love to but its 350 bucks LOL I'm a broke ass. I was curious I seen that Ice box DIY I was thinking. what if you took the resonator box out, and then connected the hose that comes down from the airbox to the resonator Into the hose that runs up from resonator into the fender well? Still would function like CAI just less likely to scoop any water up right?
That would work i have a velocity stack going from my front bumper to the airbox, power increase isnt a notice until like 3rd gear when the car is moving but up top i notice a diffrence but it works until you can afford a intake.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts