8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm pretty positive I'm going this weekend to put a deposit down on a 2006 Si w/Navi, but here's my dilema (just one of several). My insurance just dropped back in June due to me turning 25. Right now, I have a 2002 Civic Ex. Do ya'll know if Ins Co.'s rate the Si under sports cars? Or would it be the same as my Ex? Just curious if anyone knew...I'll probably end up calling in the next couple days anyways...

·
Registered
15 Posts
im almost 100% positive it is might i may be wrong, i think when my friend got the cobalt SS they labeled it as a sports car dude to the SS label...
Rob-

·
Registered
752 Posts
my 02 si was rated as a sports car insurance was a little more than a regular civic I think mine was about $40-50 more a month

·
Registered
238 Posts
How is the insurance on an EX coupe in Canada?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, $40-50 ain't too bad, but we'll see. I'll just have to call my ins co and see what they say. I remember when I was buying my Ex, I called them about 10-15 different cars to see what the insurance would look like. Time to get re-acquainted w/them.

Thanks peoples!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was shocked when the my insurance went up on the Civic over the Passat... German cars are rediculous when it comes to repairs... I guess it's the street racers wrecking everywhere that drive it up for the Civic... :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup...I called my ins co and they told me that my premium will go up from ~$620 to ~$840 every 6 months. So thats about $35-40/mon it'll go up. Not too bad...of course that was a guesstimate as she said that since its not out yet, she had to go on the 2005 Si rates and bump it up a bit. And yes, she said its considered a sports car.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
My insurance company (USAA) also quoted a guesstimate of around $40 extra a month for the Si. They can't give an accurate quote without the VIN number and because the Si still hasn't been released.

I'm almost 100% positive it's in the 'sports car' catagory, but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Always remember Civic rates tend to be higher b/c they are ripped off so much.
Garaging the car, alarms and Lo-Jack will really help to lower your rates.

·
Registered
8 Posts
so my friend said that for him an s2000 cost less to insure than his rsx type-s, due to the fact that a younger age group drive rsxs. will this be the same for the Si? If so, I might be buying an s2k in a couple of hours (dealer special going on).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sprecher said:
I just got a quote from my insurance agent on a 2006 Si. $442 for six months, $73 per month. I pay $61 per month on my current 2000 Civic EX. It's tolerable.
I just got a quote similar to that for the 06 EX Coupe for me.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Sprecher said:
I just got a quote from my insurance agent on a 2006 Si. $442 for six months, $73 per month. I pay $61 per month on my current 2000 Civic EX. It's tolerable.
But how'd you get the quote if they don't have final pricing? Or does that not matter?

I was afraid to look at this thread. But what's weird was I lost my MD license (physically) at a gas station in Jersey. I'm in VT for school (was visiting my parents when I lost it) so I had to drive back down to MD to get a duplicate. So I'm at the MD DMV and they tell me that something's wrong with my provisional. It looked like it came off but when they tried to print a new license the computer would say, it couldn't because the provisionals were still on. Anyway, to make a long story short, I got the provisionals taken off, but my record was squeaky clean. No tickets (I have 3 or 4 in 4 years), no accidents (3, only 1 at fault), no nothing. If the DMV didn't catch this, would my insurance company catch this? I don't care about paying extra for insurance, because I do that anyway cuz of my age bracket, for the most part (20yo), but I was wondering if anyone else had gone through something similar.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Hmm...they must've had a private eye...lol. But interestingly enough, if they found a VIN number, couldn't they get a price as well? I doubt Honda hasn't listed it somewhere within the company. They're just not sharing. Leak it, Leak it, Leak it...!!!!!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sprecher said:

wow...

What insurance company do you use? :confused:
I need a good insurance price for my EX.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts