8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(please move if not posted in correct section)

Well yesterday my eg coupe got bumped in my girlfriend's building's public parking lot, in SF. The lady was nice enough to leave a note I didnt see it till this morning on my way to work. I called the lady and she gave me a claim number and AAA's number.

The damage is not that bad I can live with it it's more like a scuff and besides the paint on the car is all faded so new paint on the bumper would look out of place. My question is can i just ask AAA to cash me out for the 'damage' I would rather have them cash me out then get them to fix it.

Has anyone done this before???????????

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know in Canada (saskatchewan) they will just pay out the cash for the cost of parts if you plan on doing the repair yourself, you do not recieve any cash for the "labour".

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
yah, check with your local detailer for a quote and give it to AAA.

your car will look better overall and get that scuff out as well.

·
Registered
16,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the responses but still not sure what to do. the car is a beater so i dont care to much about the scuff, paint was already faded and scuffed when i bought it for 1800 bucks 2 years ago. but i'll call AAA today and see if they can just cash me out. the time wasted taking it to the shop and stuff just doesnt seem worth the minor cosmetic repair.

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
I work (used to anyway) as a claims adjuster. They can cash you out. Some companies require that you own the car outright to do so, or have the lienholder sign off on it. PM me if you want more info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts