8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much insurance would be for an 18yr old for a motorcycle? I've been wanting to learn how to ride one but I'm not sure on the insurance pricing. My insurance is state farm. If anyone can help please let me know, thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
It all depends on what type of bike you get. The faster it is the more it will cost you. You are only 18 so it will cost alot antways. I am 33yrs old and I have a 06 GSXR 600 and pay 350 a year for full coverage. I have GMAC insurance. You should shop around to,not every place is the same.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
Just go to their website and get a quote. That'll tell you exactly how much it'll cost you and would be faster than waiting for one of us to do it.
I agree. There are so many factors that effect insurance rates. It would be impossible to get a figure that is even close.

Contact you insurance and get a quote, maybe even shop around, then you will know.

Even better... since this sounds like it's your first time, I would recommend you take a motorcycle safety course. It will really help you be more prepared and safer on your bike, and it will also reduce your insurance rate.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
If you're in college, or are going to be shortly, look there for a safety course. I go to Purdue, and through the Motorcycle club, purdue students can take the course for like $40, which is a STEAL.

EDIT: They provide everything as well (bikes, gas, instructors) we have to just bring a helmet.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I'm not sure how State Farm rates in your state but in VA they rate bikes by how many cc's tthey are and not by what kind of bike. So when they see a 600cc bike they think it's slow when that is quite the contrary, so it might not be that much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.