8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys can someone explain me the process of insurance
i mean what happens after they send a person to see the damage on my car?
im just curious

·
Registered
941 Posts
It's been a while since I've done it. But where I am from, whoever did the estimate on your car will send the estimate to your insurance company. The insurance company will either approve it and tell you to take it in (by phone or letter). Or they might get you to take it somewhere else for another estimate if they don't think the first is reasonable.

Might be different in the US as opposed to Canada. Best way to find out for sure is to make a quick call to your insurance provider :).

·
Registered
456 Posts
My experience? Claims guys comes out writes down damage and takes pictures for the guy who actually values the damage then he tells the iunsurance company what to write you a check for.

(Progressive from 3 years ago... poor Mustang....)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My experience? Claims guys comes out writes down damage and takes pictures for the guy who actually values the damage then he tells the iunsurance company what to write you a check for.

(Progressive from 3 years ago... poor Mustang....)

ohh you know how long it took for you to get everything done?

·
Registered
182 Posts
i got AAA before and all it need was the guy from honda come look at my car and call the insurance then they'll sent them a check and you'll just have to pay the deductible.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It depends on your insurance. When I had All-State they asked me if the car was drivable, I said yes it is, and they located a inspection station for me, I drove it there a guy came out and did a check on what was damaged. They wrote up a estimate and said go to the repair place of your choice and they wrote me a check, of course with a list of repair shops that are all state approved.

If not they will most likely send someone out to look at the damages of the car, write it up and get back to you.

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
I have Progressive and all my accidents have been no faults on me. I still go thru my insurance thou and let them take care of payment from the other party.

Process after you call is: Car is sent one of there shops (you can choose from a list), adjuster comes out looks at the prelim damage, shop tears down the damage and tells insurance if there is any more damage and the insurance will approve or disapprove. You wait till the phone rings if your normal, get car.

I know Progressive does give you the option to use either new Honda parts or new Generic parts but they normally will only pay for used Generic which fits fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts