8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago someone hit me and totaled my first Civic so I got a new one and someone else hit me and totaled that one a month later. I thought I was through with insurance claims, but a few minutes ago, someone hit my car in a parking lot and ran off. No security cameras in that lot so I have no way of finding out who it was and will have to file on my insurance again. (First totaled Civcic was considered my fault, but second wasn't)
Based on what I saw in the dark, it looks like they'll have to replace one of the side doors but will probably be able to straighten out the other one. Obviously, both will need to be repainted. Would it be worth going through my insurance a third time in 6 months, or should I avoid a third claim like the plague out of fear of being dropped? Anyone have any experience with something like this? Also, if I do go through my insurance, will I need a police report even though I have no way of showing who the other party was?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
well, if you have "non insured motorists" on your ins. you should be able to claim. As far as making that claim, since youve already had two, my oppinion is that it would be cheapr to save up and get it repaired ourself. if you try to file another claim, it will count against you and you rates will go up. If you get dropped, it will be hard to find insurance somwhere else with a reasonble rate. Its a weird situation. But you'll end up paying more down the line if you decide to make a claim. And YES. Your gonna need a police report. But its gonna be sketchy because you didnt make one the moment you found out your car was hit.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow dude you've got some bad luck! GL with it all
You got that right. But statistically, in the last six months I've had more wrecks than I should have in any given decade, so I should be the safest driver on the road right?

GETxERxDONE said:
you should be fine, just call them and check your policy to see if you are covered for hit and runs. a hit and run for my policy wont go against my record or increase premiums. but i would have to pay the deductible.
Hmm, I never heard of that kind of insurance, but I'm pretty new to actually using insurance. My uncle is my agent, so I can give him a call tomorrow and find out exactly what's covered. It would be awesome if it didn't count against me. It'd definitely be worth it then. Maybe I can smack it in a few more places and get a new paint job under insurance too :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts