8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering what everyone's paying for insurance on their DX-G coupes? I'm 27, no tickets or accidents, multiple cars with State Farm, as well as home and life insurance. I just sold my 2003 Nissan 350Z and I was paying $126.00 / month. They're charging me $130 / month for the Civic?!?! My buddy got an LX coupe the same day as me and he's only paying $100.00. Am I getting hosed?

Swizzle.

BTW, I'm in Ontario.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you live in California or Oregon, you may want to get a quote from Wawanesa. They are generally a lot cheaper than others. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Man do some research! It really really depends on what coverage you have.

Full coverage? Ya probably should have that. Uninsured motorist/hit-and-run? Get that too. Maybe your insurance allows you to get repairs at good shops rather that crappy ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jandree22 said:
What exactly does the "G" represent in "DX-G"?
I have no idea what it stands for, but the DX-G has basically every option that the LX has except the painted mirrors/handles, 16" alloys, outside temp, 60/40 split rears.

Swizzle.

·
Registered
194 Posts
swizzle said:
I'm just wondering what everyone's paying for insurance on their DX-G coupes? I'm 27, no tickets or accidents, multiple cars with State Farm, as well as home and life insurance. I just sold my 2003 Nissan 350Z and I was paying $126.00 / month. They're charging me $130 / month for the Civic?!?! My buddy got an LX coupe the same day as me and he's only paying $100.00. Am I getting hosed?

Swizzle.

BTW, I'm in Ontario.
Insurance depends on on other factors too tho.. where u live? in a small town or in Toronto is a huge difference in insurance. I just switched to a new insurance company (need to pay ~$120 to cancel with the old one, a$$ :mad: ), with the new civic I'm getting... $1160/year, so just a lil under $100/month. But it's a $1000cdn deductable tho. I live in Ontraio too but in a small town.

Try shop around when be4 ur current policy expires. I'm now switching to PC (President's Choice) Finance insurance. 5% off auto insurance if u buy their home insurance, and 10% off home insurance when buy their auto insurance.... and ur deductables will be lower by 20% every year that u don't make a claim (if u do make a claim, it just goes back to normal), ie in 5 years if u dont' make a claim, ur deductable for the next claim will be $0. And apply the auto insurance online can get 5% off the first year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oncogene said:
Not sure what the G of DX-G stands for either. It has extra of, the most important being, A/C, heated mirrors over DX.
No heated mirrors in the DX-G.

Swizzle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can't really compare quotes unless you live in the same place, same situation, age, records, etc..

You could live on the same block as somebody else but they have a garage n you don't and you'll be paying more.

One thing I know for sure though is NY is way more exspensive then most places. from NY to FL full coverage is about 2/3 less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts