8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I bought a 2008 Civic LX 4 Door Sedan in October 2007 and had a remote starter put on it by the dealer. After about two weeks I happened to look under the dashborad from outside - where the gas and break pedal are. To my surprise I found that some mechnical parts, wires and electronics are open and can be easily reached by anybody. I went to the dealer and I was told that it is always open in all 2008 Civics. I am not satisfied with this answer and so is posting it here. My concern is there is pretty sensitive instrumentation below the dash board that is open and is prone to the damager and damage - both to the driver and to the instrumentation. My question is is it really the case that there is no cover provided by the manufacturer or my car is missing something? I would like to see the pictures of other Civics also either proving me or dealer wrong. I have a 2004 Accord also - but there I have a proper cover for the instrumentation below the dash board.

Also, when I put the remote starter on my Civic I was told that when I remote start it disables the remote and will not be use keyless entry. Is this true?

·
Registered
236 Posts
its not missing it, i haven't seen a 8th gen civic with one yet. The right side should have a cover, covering the heater fan and such. Most new compacts don't have this anymore, my buddy's cobalt doesn't even have one on either side. I don't think you have anything to be worried about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.