8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Installing Steering wheel audio controls

410K views 405 replies 124 participants last post by  kthree 
#1 ·
Has anyone done this, is it even possible?

#255 ·
This helped tremendously with the pictures on page 10. I got an SI leather steering wheel on the Hybrid and it fit perfectly. Just gotta remember that I thought the SI Steering wheel had red lights on them (to match the dash), but it actually has white lights. I inadvertence took apart everything only to find out that the lights on the steering wheel are actually LEDs and not the standard bulbs.. hope that helps anyone.

#261 · (Edited)
Not sure though.. i would just get the 09-11 one to be sure. I do know that the 3 spoke design and the 2 spoke design cruise control and volume control modules are not interchangable. Just swap out the wheel completely. I had a hybrid which had a two spoke design, but i got a 07 si leather with 3 spoke design. fit like a glove.

#263 ·
just finished th install. Went very nice except for the 4 pins. Spent half an hour taking apart the old plug that holds the 4 pins. Anyone attempting this DIY, i have one tip. When you are inserting the pins into the stock plug, make sure you remove the bottom plastic piece of the plug. Without this step, the pins will not fully insert into the plug. On the grey plug, you have to loosen the black piece on the bottom

#268 ·
i think youre confusing programming a pac-swi for a aftermarket headunit and using the controls with a stock headunit.

Stock the controls will change presets, and tracks, no ipod control on aux just volume

if you are hooking up the controls to a aftermarket headunit like a pioneer avic or alpine you have to use a third party interface like the pac-swi and it cant be programed to be able to both change presets on the radio and cd/ipod tracks

#277 · (Edited)