8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Normally those are ment to use factory audio controls, with aftermarket Head units.

The LX and DX model people, are left out of the Factory Steering Wheel Audio Controls for their Factory Stereo category, hence this thread topic. =]

· Registered
36 Posts
WOW RBP LX. I haven't checked here since my move, mainly cause I've been involved with my own car (RSX-S)'s new audio install. Great work and DIY. If I can ever get around to do this, this looks awesome.

· Registered
36 Posts
you don't have to use what he had, if you can't find it, you can also use some called butt connectors. and you don't have to use red. you can use larger, blues, or yellows. just fold a bit more wire in the hole, and crimp.

· Registered
36 Posts
kelrog said:
I'm hoping the wife will let me get this part and let me try this out on her 06 lx sedan. There shouldn't be a difference cause its a sedan right?

EDIT: For those that don't feel like reading everything, heres the link to the DIY

Cheapest Harness I could find for the 06 4 door AT EX. 36770-SNA-A11 $47.92
Well I finally ordered this harness. it came out to be $63 shipped. Hopefully I can put it in before this weekend. :laughing:

· Registered
36 Posts
Well I stayed up late last night and did this for my wifes car. Man those connectors were a pain. I think getting the wires out were probably the hardest thing in the project. I was happy that it worked the first time as well.

did anyone else notice the numbering on the stereo harness? It already had pin out #'s, but the picture of the pinout in this project had a different sequence. I just followed what I saw on the DIY, and it worked, so don't use the numbering on that connector to determine the wire placing, just use the pictures in this thread.

+ rep to RBP_LX

Also, those that had problems with the steering wheel covers, turn the wheel 90 degrees, and firmly hold the top right side press in on the housing from both sides of that corner, and it should unlatch, then do the same with the left top corner. I believe this is in the helms, and if you can't find it for the honda, look thru a helms manual of an 05 civic's and they should show you how to remove that trim piece.

· Registered
36 Posts
jasperdmx said:
still little bit in doubt.
at the steering wheel connector (NO 3) socket, when that socket meets with audio control button's socket, at button socket's there is no pin/cable at that hole.
so what for we run extra NO 3 cable ?

also same thing with NO 11 - 20 , at steering wheel socket says none, but if we see at button socket, there are 2 cable/pin for meet with NO 19 -20 steering wheel socket (i know these ones not related for installing audio button).so what for this cables honda put?

anyone can explain ?thanks
note i haven't open the steering wheel yet.so i don't know how it looks like.

From my previous post.
"did anyone else notice the numbering on the stereo harness? It already had pin out #'s, but the picture of the pinout in this project had a different sequence. I just followed what I saw on the DIY, and it worked, so don't use the numbering on that connector to determine the wire placing, just use the pictures in this thread. "

once you get everything opened up it will make more sense.

· Registered
36 Posts
jasperdmx said:
i see - i see.means thats numbering on this diagram (page 1) -no 3 and 4 -need to changed according to our own harness socket. it's not fixed.
lets talk my case, means need run the cable from No 1 and 2 (which will connect with audio pin from button socket), right ?
I hope this will help. just follow the coloring. not the NUMBERING. Match up the COLORS. =]

Attachments

· Registered
36 Posts
well it don't have to be smack dab in the middle of the windshield. It looks like you don't have a tint brow up there. so you can put it on the side of the mirror (some put it sitting on top), and run the wire up and over. * reason to put it up higher is for range, and also to get maximum coverage, peak visible range to inclines and declines.
(how many times do you see a cop positioning right after a hill, dip or turn.)
:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts