8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i guess im going to buy the pioneer avic D3 soon. I want to save money and try and install this myself.

So far all i know is how to take the radio off, which is already half way there.

so 8th civic members what else will i need to sucessfully install my navi.
I know i need to buy a harness.
Do i just connect everything else from the exiting radio to my new navi?
Will i need to program everything, once everything is installed?
Where do i put the antenna at? inside the car near the windshield or outside the windshield?

Thanks!

·
Registered
434 Posts
You need a wiring harness (so you do not cut the stock one), whatever necessary for connecting your speakers (idk if you r staying stock or installing aftermarket amp). I assume you already have a 2-din dash so you can install the new one.
About the antenna (GPS) you have to put it IN the dash close to the speedometer...of course UNDER the dash. There are some threads showing the location.

The rest is common sense....I mean you have to hook up the HU with the handbrake wire ans all the others things that are explained ni the installation manual of your HU.

Hope it helped.....

·
Registered
706 Posts
1sole said:
well i guess im going to buy the pioneer avic D3 soon. I want to save money and try and install this myself.

So far all i know is how to take the radio off, which is already half way there.

so 8th civic members what else will i need to sucessfully install my navi.
I know i need to buy a harness.
Metra part number 70-1722 (wire harness)
Metra part number 40-HD10 or you can use the OEM piece for the OEM navi.(antenna adapter)

You'll also need the OEM navi dash piece and side brackets.

Do i just connect everything else from the exiting radio to my new navi?
Yup.

Will i need to program everything, once everything is installed?
There's nothing to program.

Where do i put the antenna at? inside the car near the windshield or outside the windshield?
There a spot under the dash to the right of the upper cluster. That's where I put my D3 navi antenna and it works beautifully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts