8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone installed this lip or has a DYI been created for it at all? I am looking at getting one, but i am not good with body shop stuff and would like to see hows its installed.

Any help would be great, the vendor says that it bolts right up to stock holes/locations on the bumper, just never really looked under there...

thanks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
if it bolts to the stock holes you have little brackets that come off of the lip that go to poppers across the bottom of the car where the plastic dust shield poppers are at and screws in the fenders. that is how my hfp lip installed

·
Registered
77 Posts
when u get j's front lip thers no holes no nothing. its just the lip primed. you stilll need to give it a good touch up sanding though, u also will need to re prime it and paint it yourself. you also need to get the hardware yourself. lol. hence why its only 200 bucks
i got it tho, its a good project job its alot of fun and loos fantastic

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
This member used to have the J's Racing front lip and rear diffuser for the FD2. He sold his car though and hasn't logged on since 4-6-10, but you could look through his posts and threads started to see if he found out anything that could help you out. :thumb:

Member's profile page: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/members/21612.html

·
Registered
77 Posts
hey man i bought the lip and installed it myself. just basic bolts nd nuts are needed. i used 14 mounting mine. u drill through the front bumper and the lip. mak sure lip is taped on the car well so it does not move. there are absolutly NO stock holes i used. took 2 days to install perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts