8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drive a 06 civic sedan ex w/o navi (of course)

OK so i just got my pioneer avic D3 today. Im planning on installing the navi tomorrow. I got nothing else but the navi and plus whatever came with the navi.
First thing first im going to stop by tomorrow at a audio shop and pick up a 06civic harness.
after this part ill be totally lost on what to do next. What else do i need to pick up for me to sucessfully install this unit? I heard i also need a antenna adaptor but is that true?

is there a d.i.y on how to install this to my non navi. i already got the dash kit from my previous deck. Im not trying to bypass my system for the dvd to work while driving. What else do i need to do beside connecting just the harness to the navi?
any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 8thcivic

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
you should'nt expect too many replies at this hour, haha.

anyways, you have all you need, unless you listen to the radio. Then you will need a radio antenna harness.

Just follow the directions on the wire harness package to figure out which wires to attach where and you're all set.

If you have any questions PM me, I installed (and recently uninstalled) a D3 in my non-navi civic as well.

:thumb:

·
Registered
464 Posts
It's not that hard to do. I just put one in my gf's HRP Si Sedan. If you've ever put a radio in a car before it's about the same (you just gotta swap everything over from the OEM dash to the aftermarket and hook up the Amp Turn on wire (i believe it's the light blue wire). Everything from there is cake! PM if u need help.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a bit confused then. You're saying you had an aftermarket deck in there once already? Or are you talking about the dash kit from the navi deck you already have?
yeah i used to have a dvd deck in there before. So i save the dask kit incase i do need it again

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
yeah i used to have a dvd deck in there before. So i save the dask kit incase i do need it again
In that case, you must've had a harness & antenna adapter.

Just use those again.

There's nothing different about the d3 install wise, than there is for any other aftermarket deck. Other than the gps stuff.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
ure gonna need these parts
AVIC D3 obviously
the oem dash kit or the schoshe kit i went with the scoshe kit it was cheaper ;)
amplifer bypass kit purchased mine from crutchfield for 39.99 if ure ex came with a stock premium sound system (if you don't get this its gonna be a pain to have sound lol)
wire harness adapter
antenna adapter
i think thats all u need. btw the avic D3 is awesome your gonna fully enjoy it :thumb: o and btw just do the video bypass cuz its as easy as 123 just move the mute wire up one slot, then ground the mute wire, ebrake wire and ground wire. its cake :thumb:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im lost on what to do with the pink wire, reverse wire, and the blue antenna control wire.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check out this link:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37564

PINK: My guess is illumination (tap to PIN#17) on connector #1. Your HU will now dim when your headlight is turned on.

REVERSE WIRE: this needs some work, you need to route the wire all the way to the rear tail light and you need to tap to the power of the reverse light. This is for rear view camera, if you don't care, you can leave it unconnected. Or you can hook it up to a switch so you can toggle between 12V and open.

ANTENNA CONTROL WIRE: don't need since we don't have power antenna.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dont worry. I was in the same boat before I got the avic d3, which I got like a month ago and spent about a week working on it cuz of a stupid problem that ive been troubleshooting for so long. (the scosche harness) Ok. First you will need the wiring harness. (duh) Then you asked about the pink wire. The pink is the VSS. Also known as the speed wire. The purple wire is the reverse wire. It should come with a t-tap so run that wire to the back in the to trunk and tap into the reverse light wiring. Umm.. what else... The dash kit, I would go with OEM. Here.. this is the website with very good prices of the OEM navi dash peice. Also when if you buy it, you will need the brackets and screws. As for the interface, I dont have it. I heard ppl getting the scosche trim piece. Oh, to bypass, just simply move the mute wire up one pin and ground that and the parking brake wire (green). Also about the aftermarket harness, call the company and make sure all wires are correct. As I mentioned before I had a BIG problem and was confused about it until I called. My power was the black wire and the ground wire was the black. Ughh... I was soo pissed when I found out that companys mistake that took me soo long to work with. For the antenna, you will need an antenna adaptor. I got mine on ebay. Look up HAAB for the antenna. If you want to install aftermarket amps, you can use those ouputs in the back of the avic. Also for the remote turn on, you can quick connect it to the power antenna (blue wire) That way anytime you want to turn it off, you can always go to the proper settings and turn off and on. Anyways hope this info helps

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im not sure if any of you got the pioneer rear view camera. but how do we mount the camera? on the license plate?

·
Banned
155 Posts
hey

ok i had an avic d3 in my old car.

ground the parking brake wire, mute wire, and the reverse wire if ur going to be using back up camera wile driving....

just buy a harness, and wire it up. easy as that.

if u have any other questions email me @ [email protected] and maybe u could call me and i could explain more

Ben

1 - 18 of 18 Posts