8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK yesterday i got two 10" sony xplods in a sub box a sony xplod amp and wires and everything else needed from a friend( except the LOC im getting that tomorro he didnt have it with him at the time) ive seen that i need to run a new ground wire and ?remote wire? i need to know where and how. also where does the LOC go any tips advice knowledge is welcome and HIGHLY needed thnx in advance:confused:

·
Registered
75 Posts
You don't need a remote wire, but you will need a trigger such as a PAC TR-4 to tap off the rear speakers for example.

I assume you are using the stock head unit?

For ground I used a bolt behind the back seats.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
LOC goes to the speakers you wish to tap the signal from... (eg: rear speakers). It turns the signal into RCA.
You might need to do some soldering

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
anvil said:
You don't need a remote wire, but you will need a trigger such as a PAC TR-4 to tap off the rear speakers for example.

I assume you are using the stock head unit?

For ground I used a bolt behind the back seats.
Yeah for the ground, there's a factory ground behind the rear driver-side shoulder bolster. Thats for the sedan

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah stock head unit and for the tapping is it the wire under the black cover in the truck i have an 06 ex coupe stick

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hayaku Kenji said:
yeah stock head unit and for the tapping is it the wire under the black cover in the trunk i have an 06 ex coupe stick

You should see the bottom of the speakers in the trunk they have a clip with two wires plugged in to them.

I never used a LOC so I don't know if you just use one side (rear right for example) or if you need to tap off both.

Also I do not know if the stock HU spearates the frequencies and only sends the lows to the sub, so maybe tap off of that?

Yes, you can remove that black cover to easily access the correct wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts