8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have done my google searching and site scavenging... and
I want to know has anybody tried installing a shift light Tachometer on there 07 Civic Si? and if so how? if there is a DIY i still havent found could yah link me to it, if not help is much appreciated thanks in advance.
-

·
Registered
198 Posts
I say do it! Just to hate on the haters, put it right over the stock tach and tape over the stock shiftlight.

...that'll show em real good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
tite681 said:
Who knows? Maybe the OP's car redlines at 9.5k.

I could see a shift light for a car that has been reflashed. I would want to mount the light within one of the heater vents though so my car still had a nice clean, stock appearance.

I guess I don't really understand why you would want to mount an aftermarket tach though. Our current tach is HUGE and we have a shift light that is extremely visible. To each his own.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Mods, clean this **** up. Answer this guy's question or move on. What do we really get out of flaming people? Its a huge waste of everyone's time.

To the OP: Sorry I don't have something to contribute to this thread...

·
Registered
718 Posts
07si sedan said:
i could see a shift light but a tach would be alittle unecessary. the stock tach is big enough...lol
We already have a shift light too. It's bright red and up by the speedometer.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
i dont know about a new tach.. but a BETTER PLACED SHIFT LIGHT would be good, that little POS stock one sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Stop with the bashin'. If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
well my civic is pretty worked on engine wise.. like exhaust,headers, hondata, i did almost everything besides supercharge it within wats out now aftermarket wise, i have no body mods..im a person who buys stuff for my car and have it installed at shop. Someone recommended a HUD tach projected on the windshield and an adapter for it, THANkS. i was thinking that would be good. I dont wanna go to the shop to get this thing installed.. i think i cud do it myself if i knew where to actually hot wire it?

hehe too much adrenaline to be paying attention to the Stock tachometer with a small red light as i get tunnel vision.... heh.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
CivicBlurBerry said:
well my civic is pretty worked on engine wise.. like exhaust,headers, hondata, i did almost everything besides supercharge it within wats out now aftermarket wise, i have no body mods..im a person who buys stuff for my car and have it installed at shop. Someone recommended a HUD tach projected on the windshield and an adapter for it, THANkS. i was thinking that would be good. I dont wanna go to the shop to get this thing installed.. i think i cud do it myself if i knew where to actually hot wire it?

hehe too much adrenaline to be paying attention to the Stock tachometer with a small red light as i get tunnel vision.... heh.
you have 200-205whp at most...that's still pretty slow. We aren't an FnF community here at the Ocho, I don't know how you would get tunnel vision from that. I can vtec my far through all the gears and still be watching the road AND the tach :biggrin:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Auto Meter

This link will enlighten those who are curious about installing an aftermarket tach and shift light... I know this is an old thread and I don't see any definite answers so here it is...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Don't see how that's possible. If you accelerating you gotta watch the revs and/or listen for them to figure out when to shift. Or you gotta watch the speed, one thing or the other. Either way, it's almost possible to miss the little red light that starts flashing when it's time to shift.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts