8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutley love it, but i just have a couple of questions for people that have it done.

How much did you bend your heat shield to clear the o2 sensor?

The other thing is i noticed tonight that my exhaust tip was wet with gas? is this normal..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like not all of its getting burned? i just saw it and i didnt have time to check it more..

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Are you sure it was gas ? Just asking because I get a little bit of water comming out of mine.:dance:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
^ yeah i was thinking the same thing.... unless it really smells like fuel...

I didnt bend my heat shield much, i also have an angeled defouler... the only time it rattled is when the car was about to die and overtime it just disappeared.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
^ yeah i was thinking the same thing.... unless it really smells like fuel...

I didnt bend my heat shield much, i also have an angeled defouler... the only time it rattled is when the car was about to die and overtime it just disappeared.
The car is not going to dump enough fuel to even get passed the converter without it stalling. let alone enought for him to see coming out of his tail pipe. Its condensation. Its just a header that was installed. The vehicles going to auto adjust the fuel mixture itself. Its not going to allow it to run that rich.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
^oh yeahhhh, i remmeber now.... installed mine like 10k back and i remember smelling fuel after first installing it , i forgot the ecu had to relearn the AFR. Smell went away after a day or two....

·
Registered
156 Posts
My new setup will be showing Thursday according to my tracking number from Vibrant Performance. I'm trying to track down an angled defouler before hand. Any advice guys. Where to buy, what company - any chance I can find one locally? Any hints, tips or tricks for the install or to let the shop know if they do it for me instead. Thanks!!!

P.S. No reflash is needed correct? Just an ECU clear (battery off for a bit, tap the brakes, then let the car relearn?)

Brian-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts