8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 2 buddys and myself installed the DC Race headers on the ol Si. PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

First of all the removing the cat was easy. From here it was a pain in the ass. You first to remove the heat shield. This is then unremovable unless you bend/break it, otherwise its in the way of loosening the bolts from the stock headers.

2) Loosening the bolts was VERY time consuming. We had to use an air pressured gun to do so. (sorry I lack car terminology). Since you can see what your doing from the top of the car by accessing wear the cowl is. ITS ALL FEEL.

3) Reaching through under the car to loosen 2 of the bolts was a very tight fit and near impossible.

4) once the stock manifold was loose, getting it OUT was a pain due to the fact it barely squeezes in there. WAY TOO TIGHT. Had to do A LOT OF SPINNING.

5) Lining up the gasket and headers was a real pain in the ass due to the fact again its all feel.

Overall took 5 HOURS TO INSTALL. At first no CEL came on. 3 hours of driving it did... hELP!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I might just have a shop do it...with my past luck on working with my car whether I m succesful or not is a crap shoot for me

·
Registered
45 Posts
so, i think i either blew a header gasket or cracked my header. only a month with the header, what do you think. i am on 12 hour shift and dont have time to even get under the car to look. is it ok to drive for a week like this. Quick response please if you got one. i have the stock metal gasket.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
If it's DC, more than likely you cracked something. DC quality isn't that great, I had 2 so far and both times the flex pipe cracked on me. You can continue to use it, but don't expect to get any HP gains as you are probably loosing power instead.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The DC Race Header is a significant difference then before. I have it matched with some Magnaflow Exhaust. It sounds a lot deeper now. It took so long to install because the impact(s) we used only worked for certain bolts in certain crevices. Either way its installed and I didnt have to pay a few hundred to the dealership...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts