8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i installed my springs (Eibach Sportlines) yesterday but i was only able to install the fronts... but with just installing the fronts im getting Major Rubbing like everytime i hit a small bump or when i make a somewhat sharp turn.... also if the rubbing wasnt bad everytime i hit a small bump i get a sound like if two metal pieces were hitting each other....the ride also feels very very very rough!!......is this normal or am i over reacting???

any help or recommendations are highly thanked

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
pics of them installed..??...they might not be seated properly...jack up the car and make sure the springs are sitting the same way as the stock ones did...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will take pics tonight or mayb tom when i get off work...could the rubbing be because the rear ones r not intalled??

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well just got back home from picking up my wife and closley listening to the car for noises and its bad...the noise that sounds like two metal plates clapping together is now happening more and in smaller bumps...the rubbing is still going on but it doesnt bother me as much as the other noise.

It reakky sounds as it something was loose but i looked around and everything seems to be in place... idk idk...has any1 gone through this mayb??

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
it sounds like you didnt seat it properly and when you go over bumps, it seats correctly then goes back. did you make sure loaded the suspension with a jack tightened the 2 strut bolts?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will disassemble evrything Tom. Cuz the clapping noise is just getting worse I will take pics and post up.... Any other ideas would help thank...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
yo man its probably the strut tower.. with the bearings inside... thats wat happened to mine i guess when we put on my new suspension my buddies put the top hat on wrong.. or it opened and caused all the grinding and clanking and next time when u jack up the car the bearing will alllll fall out if u dont fix it asap

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you install with the arrow on the top hat facing toward the motor?
what arrow???

yo man its probably the strut tower.. with the bearings inside... thats wat happened to mine i guess when we put on my new suspension my buddies put the top hat on wrong.. or it opened and caused all the grinding and clanking and next time when u jack up the car the bearing will alllll fall out if u dont fix it asap
ok so whats the correct way of putting it?? cuz the DIY doesnt really explain all this...

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
18x8.5 rims....ur prolly hitting the strut with the inside of your wheel/tire...my 18x7.5 dont have much clearance as it is on sportlines...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
18x8.5 rims....ur prolly hitting the strut with the inside of your wheel/tire...my 18x7.5 dont have much clearance as it is on sportlines...
that would actually make sense lol....BUT i reely want to see how it drives once the rear is dropped....i have asked a few local friends and they r telling me its because the height of the rear is putting pressure on the front since it hasnt been dropped....another friend told me that mayb the brake gaurd may b hitting the strut tower.....

But ryan do u rub at all when u hit bumps?? does the ride feel smooth?? cuz my car feels like im in pothole heaven even when i hit a small bump!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
what arrow???

ok so whats the correct way of putting it?? cuz the DIY doesnt really explain all this...
what it is probably the top hat opened.. so take it apart and make sure the top hat is sealed... and if u can hold it on the top and bottom it should spin smoothly if not then thats the problem causing the noise.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Personally I have tokico Dspec adjustable gas shocks and hfp springs. When we installed them there was about 2mm of clearance between the wheel and the strut and we were like SOMETHING IS WRONG! But actually it's all fine. so just check that clearance

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
that would actually make sense lol....BUT i reely want to see how it drives once the rear is dropped....i have asked a few local friends and they r telling me its because the height of the rear is putting pressure on the front since it hasnt been dropped....another friend told me that mayb the brake gaurd may b hitting the strut tower.....

But ryan do u rub at all when u hit bumps?? does the ride feel smooth?? cuz my car feels like im in pothole heaven even when i hit a small bump!
i only rub going over a large bump or dip at a high speed...if that makes since...i can still go over speed bumps and drive on roads that have imperfections... my ride feels like stock with less body roll... def not anything like your describing...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i was able to install the rear ones yesterday thanks to my boy Alvin aka Vingavina on the forum....The ride feels ALOT smoother and the rubbing has gon down like u ryna i only rub now when i hit a dip driving a little fast...BUT the other noise that sound like two metal pieces r hitting is still there when i hit a dip even at slow speed like 15-25 mph.....

We were able to take off the front left to take a look. i took some pictures and will post up later when im out of work....to me it looks like the spring is coiling more to one side...idk if it makes sence but it looks a bit slanted lol....well i will post up pics later along with the new vivis racing lugnuts i got whoooo!! lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
maybe its your springs hitting each other when compressing..
i had the same problem. I fixed it by buying these rubber pieces that fit onto the springs at the spots where the spring were hitting each other during compression.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts