8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed my Eibach pro kit today. Added picture

I installed the Eibach pro kit on my 07 FA5 today. Looks awesome and rides like stock. I still have the stock dampers and it still rides great. I couldn't even tell the difference untill I took an offramp at 75. hehe. I highly recommend these to anyone that wants good looks with a excellent ride for short money. I even have 225/40/18 tires and there is no rubbing at all. And I live in the worst state for roads ever, MA.

I uploaded a picture of my car with the springs. I have more pics but it won't let me put them in because it's too full or something. It keeps saying attatchment error. I'm not very computer savvy with this stuff. I can rebuild an engine but I can't upload a picture. lol.

Finally figured it out. here are some pics of my ride.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I also have the Eiback Pro-Kit's installed on my 07 FA5. I would have to slightly disagree that it "rides like stock". I live in NJ and am in NYC every other day and I can feel each bump harder and would get annoyed vs. when I hit the same bump with my stock set up and would barely notice it. Obviously the ride will become harder but considering that it's a 1.2" drop in the front and 1.0" in the rear, I was expecting it to be smoother.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way it handles and looks. I'll continue to ride stock dampers until the Koni FSD's come out [eventually]. Maybe if I didn't live in a pothole infested area I would have a different opinion.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I also have the Eiback Pro-Kit's installed on my 07 FA5. I would have to slightly disagree that it "rides like stock". I live in NJ and am in NYC every other day and I can feel each bump harder and would get annoyed vs. when I hit the same bump with my stock set up and would barely notice it. Obviously the ride will become harder but considering that it's a 1.2" drop in the front and 1.0" in the rear, I was expecting it to be smoother.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way it handles and looks. I'll continue to ride stock dampers until the Koni FSD's come out [eventually]. Maybe if I didn't live in a pothole infested area I would have a different opinion.
Ohhhhhh reeeealllly. :laughing: The pro kit is only 20% or so stiffer than stock. Also, with those super crappy roads, your shocks could be going.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well maybe it's because they are brand new and haven't settled and the dampers haven't had time to get f***** up. I had the pro kit in my 99 accord V6 and that rode horrible compared to this car with the pro kit in it. Maybe that's why I think it rides like stock. I drove that for like 5 years and It rode like a cement truck. Even with KYB adjustable dampers in it. By the way, do you have any idea when those Koni's are supposed to drop? I don't think the stock dampers are gonna last very long. How long have you had yours in? Have you noticed them getting worse?

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know how this would have happened when I installed these? The rear camber on my car after I installed the springs is -1.5 on the left rear and -2.4 on the right rear. How can the right rear be so far off and the left rear be dead on spec? It's irritating me. I couldn't afford the rear camber kit so I went without it for now. But I set the toe at .02 on both sides to get as neutral as possible so the tires would wear slower untill I can grab the rear camber kit.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
dunno but the passenger rear has def more gap then the driver side. thats what i meant by weird. its not noticable because there on opposite sides of the car i'd have to get technical and measure both sides. who knows it could be my driveway.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's not your driveway. My car has the same problem but it's not pro kit. It's the car. My car leaned in the same direction before I installed these. And it still has the same little sag in the right rear. It's like maybe 3/8 of an inch lower or less on one side. It's really hard to notice but it still drives me nuts. I'm anal about this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I installed pro kits a few days ago... this is my take on them... better then stock.. the ride is worse.. you will need rear camber arms... I dont have them but there is so much rear camber (-2.5) that with the progress rear bar I have its way to tail happy for the ave. joe... I like it but I am going to get rear arms in a few weeks and set it at -1.0 camber with 0.0 toe. You will also need 2 camber bolts per side.. spend the extra $25 on the extra adj. DO NOT RETURN THE CAR TO THE STOCK ALIMENT SETTINGS!!!! they are awful.. and the car will turn worse then before... a good mid point setting with the same or better tire wear then the stock settings is -1.5 front with 1/32 of toe out.. thats .0156 per side.. most alment guys will understand that..and -1.0 in the rear with 0.0 toe.. if you have a rear swaybar you might want to add a slight bit more camber and toe in a tiny bit... but the setting i just told you will not trash tires and with my pro kit cranks... alot better then stock... also make sure you cut the bump stops... as for the odd 3/8 changes in ride hight.. you have a rear upper arm thats binding. you need to make sure when you reinstall the upper link that the spring is compressed to ride hight. if not it bind the bushing and make the car sit high on one side. I had this problem and just used drive up ramps.. got under the car and loosend the bolts.. then re tightend them and it sat right... problem solved... if you have rear camber arms its not going to matter cause they have bushing that move free.. the stock ones dont move.. jut flex with the bushing.. try that and I bet its great....as for how that car turns... its great.. I would say drive it 30-100 miles before you get everything set.. the springs settle alot... but in a whole its a good spring and its not too low ... a little lower then the HFP but not as low as everything else.. so its a good deal

1 - 20 of 36 Posts