8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finished installing my s1 CT-E supercharger. After supercharging a 2zzge toyota engine that required a piggy back or stand alone EMS and never ran right in closed loop I was a little hesitant to get this kit. After extensive research I finally decided to go for it. Most of you will tell me to get FP, stage 2, and other supporting mods but this is not a race car for me. I just wanted some more reliable/usable power.

Car started right up after install. I got a CEL and the car sounded like it was miss firing. I let the fans cycle about 4 times then shut it off and unplugged the battery to reset the light. Turned the car back on...light was off and car ran smooth. Drove it slowly down the street, then hit the gas...OMG this four banger actually had some low end torque! Smile was ear to ear with the new power and that sweet s/c whine.

To sum up, car runs like it came with the s/c stock. Zero hesitations, instant power when needed. This kit provides very much needed usable power. I don't have to downshift and get in VTEC to pass some one etc. It just goes. I highly recommend this kit and could only imagine what most of you stage two peeps are feeling.

FYI: I did not use the A/C spacer/adaptor. It took some time and muscle including taking off the alternator to get the pulley under the ac line but it worked out just fine.

List of MODS:

07 FA5--K&N Typhoon SRI, CT-E stage 1 s/c, Eibach Pro-Kit, HFP front and rear lips, Gforce fogs.

Here are some pics:

Old XRS (supercharged Celica GTS motor with Hydra Standalone)

Now for the Si

and just for fun, here is my buddies 01 GSR

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Hate to say it but with FP you will make safer power than with the Reflash. If you got a decent RH it would really help the motor breathe better.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Very clean looking car. I second the race header comment, I was in the same boat with the stage 1 and the reflash and stock header/cat. I went with the vibrant w/ cat and it really smoothed up the transition from the bypass valve closing and the blower starting to build boost. And with the cat version it isnt obnoxiously loud for daily driving. Just some first hand info, but the car looks great!

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Hate to say it but with FP you will make safer power than with the Reflash. If you got a decent RH it would really help the motor breathe better.
I am going to have to disagree with that. Why would you say it's safer? The hondata tune is very good and I have yet to hear anyone say that they have problems with it. You might run a little rich and not make quite as much power as someone with a custom tune, but are you doing damage to your car? Absolutey not!

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I am going to have to disagree with that. Why would you say it's safer? The hondata tune is very good and I have yet to hear anyone say that they have problems with it. You might run a little rich and not make quite as much power as someone with a custom tune, but are you doing damage to your car? Absolutey not!
I am going to have to diagree with that. I have firsthand experience with a friends car who was running the C/T kit with the Reflash because that's all that was available @ the time he had the blower. When the car was pushed in cold weather it would go into limpmode all the time & he would have to reset the ECU everytime to clear out the shortterm memory. From what I have read on hear before FP was realeased it was not uncommon for that to occur. I've had FP the entire time I've had my blower w/o a single trip into limpmode like my friends car when he had the Reflash. The advantages of having FP installed with the blower is manyfold & power is just one of them.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Awesome looking car man, real clean. i know everyone here is telling you to get some more supporting mods, but you know your car isnt going to blow up if you dont. a race header would be nice, but it's sometimes tricky getting passed for emmissions if they do a visual, and it really stinks up the place.

anyways, nice car!

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
I am going to have to diagree with that. I have firsthand experience with a friends car who was running the C/T kit with the Reflash because that's all that was available @ the time he had the blower. When the car was pushed in cold weather it would go into limpmode all the time & he would have to reset the ECU everytime to clear out the shortterm memory. From what I have read on hear before FP was realeased it was not uncommon for that to occur. I've had FP the entire time I've had my blower w/o a single trip into limpmode like my friends car when he had the Reflash. The advantages of having FP installed with the blower is manyfold & power is just one of them.
I think you are basing too much on one experience with your friends car. My car ran fine on the base tune for months with no problems. My car is now on the stage two base tune, again for months, with no problems. I have been running my blower using the base tunes for well over a year now with no CEL's and the car drives great. I have been browsing the supercharger forum for several years and I can't recall one person that had problems like your friend. The biggest complaint I can think of was the drivability of the car when it was cold. So to say it's dangerous is a gross exaggeration.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I don't recollect me posting that it was dangerous to run the base cal.

Going into limpmode would have to do with drivability.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Do you know rite before boost on the reflash, it richens up so much that your car reads 10.0 as AFR, that's not dangerous? Let me guess, you don't have a wideband?
I actually have flashpro and have data logged my car several times. Never saw anything I would consider dangerous. I would love to see what CT or Hondata has to say in this thread :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
:facepalm: Really? You must not know how to datalog. Your the kind of person that mis informs people, the reflash is junk, period. Go datalog a 3rd gear pull and watch as the bypass valve engages, you'll see 10.0, and that's all the ECU will read, so it's actually lower than that. If you knew anything at all about forced induction you would know what a good tune feels like, and you are obviously clueless to how to use FP, so quit mis informing people, thanks!

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
I am not sure who pissed in your corn flakes this morning, but why don't you say that **** to hondata and CT and see what they say. It sounds like the OP is smart enough to know he made the right choice.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts