8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve had the exhaust installed on my car for 2 days now…. All I have to say is I love it… although there are 2 things I have issues with.

1.The exhaust is really loud. This might be due to the fact I’ve never had an exhaust on my car that was straight catback with no resonator. Some people might not find it loud (a buddy of mine said it’s not loud) but I find it loud. Although when you’re cruising, there is a soft spot at around 2.5k rpm where you can barely here the thing (people that have this exhaust might know what I’m talking about)

2. The friggen silencer was a ***** to get off!! It took me and a buddy longer to take the silencer out of the muffler then it took to uninstall/install the entire exhaust (5 bolts and a few rubber hangers… and yes… I am very mechanically inclined)

Other then those two things… the exhaust is great. Fit and finish is perfect. No issues at all installing the thing. I love the way it looks… I know some of you hate the angled look but I love it (my old HKS Hi-Power on my old car was angled too which might be why I love it). The tip looks awesome (gotta love titanium).

Exhaust tone…. Very very deep. At higher rpm’s it screams but It doesn’t get any louder (dB wise) then it does when you’re just cruising.

I also love how it back fires… when I downshift (rev match) you can here “crackle crackle pop pop crackle” sounds like my bike used to.

No video or sound clips right now but I’ll get some up for you guys tomorrow (my day off).

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks good. I installed one on my si about a moth ago and i absolutely love it. At first i thought it was too loud without the silencer, but i got used to it very quickly and now sometimes wish it was louder.
An easy way to get the silencer out is to use a needle nose plier through one of the bolt holes and the silencer pops right out in 2 seconds.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yodums said:
Looks good. Out of curiousity, is the silencer in now since you aren't too fond of the noise?
don't get me wrong i love the sound... no way would i put the silencer back in.
I actually first started the car with the silencer in and it sounded like balls.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
we had a hoist and air tools so it literraly took 10-15 mins.

Even if you have to jack up the car and get under it... shouldn't take any longer then 30-45 mins... especially if your buddies know what they're doing.
it's just 5 bolts and a few rubber hangers.
my tip... spray the bolts and the rubber hangers with some kind of lubricant.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
R1Style said:
we had a hoist so and air tools so it literraly took 10-15 mins.

Even if you have to jack up the car and get under it... shouldn't take any longer then 30-45 mins... especially if your buddies know what they're doing.
it's just 5 bolts and a few rubber hangers.
my tip... spray the bolts and the rubber hangers with some kind of lubricant.
aight cool... my friends garage has everything soo we are set (they do motor swaps in there :eek:hnoes: )

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
The installation is pretty easy. It's literally just what R1Style stated, unbolt and remove the stock exhaust. Install the new one. I'm not sure how it works or where you're looking at exhaust with the R18, but you should be able to figure it out once you're under. If you're confused, just lay out the new exhaust piece by piece on the ground and you should be able to see where things attach using sort of a "layout" or blueprint. In any case, if your friends are that mechanically inclined, they could probably do it while doing a handstand. :spinning:

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
R1Style said:
don't get me wrong i love the sound... no way would i put the silencer back in.
I actually first started the car with the silencer in and it sounded like balls.
Truth. I had my silencer in and it sounded so fart-tastic.

Of course I have the race header so it's loud as balls anyway...

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
fishinman14 said:
Looks good. I installed one on my si about a moth ago and i absolutely love it. At first i thought it was too loud without the silencer, but i got used to it very quickly and now sometimes wish it was louder.
An easy way to get the silencer out is to use a needle nose plier through one of the bolt holes and the silencer pops right out in 2 seconds.

Do i have to take the silencer out to install the catback? I am installing mine 2morrow.

·
Registered
271 Posts
how did you get it? internet local? how much looks great! any thoughts what it would look like on a gg coupe?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts