8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so here is my problem. When it comes to electrical things I keep my self away, no matter how easy they may be. I'm not the best hands on guy with electrical stuff and would rather have it done right by someone else then done possibly wrong by me trying. I recently just purchased a set of after market "EBAY" fogs and went to a shop and when I asked if they could install them they said this:

"I'm going to tell you first of that there not going to work."

They said they installed one kit (it was basically the exact one I have) and that they had to cut and rig it all up and everything and that it was a more of a hassle and they didn't line up and etc. The guy said I was better off saving up a little more and getting the OEM

I'm curious about this because Ive seen tons of people with the EBAY fogs installed and the installation seems to have went fairly easy and the fogs have been working fine ever since. If it came down to it, Id rather save the money with the EBAY ones, but if it truly is a problem I would get the OEM fogs. The problem with the OEM's though is the possibility of the rocks cracking,chipping them and etc.

What do you all think I should do?
If it's EBAY fogs would anyone in the South Florida area be willing to and able to help me with this installation? I would of course be willing to pay for the installation. Thanks ahead of time for any advice.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Which ebay fogs?

You have the fogs, might as well try to make them work. You might have to get the OEM harness.

IBTL

·
Registered
3,420 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I purchased a set from K2motor off ebay. The harness worked perfectly. It was a complete plug and play. It isn't really electrical since you are just plugging in the plugs. It was a very simple install and I assure you could do it yourself.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I put in the K2fogs myself and had no problems. I am a DIY'er, and I understand some people are not. Try to find another shop, this is not that difficult, you have to remove the bumper, which is not hard. Drilling and cutting the holes for the fog lites is not hard with the right tools and procedure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts