8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
here is the stock horn with a single terminal.. positive I assume and it does not have a negative terminal.

this is the horn I am trying to install and it has two terminals.. does not say which is positive and negative though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had installed my new horns in the stock location and I was thinking to relocate the other one on the right side of the bumper to balance the bing bing sound.. :smile:

Anyone knows what type and where can I get the stock horn screws?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I had installed my new horns in the stock location and I was thinking to relocate the other one on the right side of the bumper to balance the bing bing sound.. :smile:

Anyone knows what type and where can I get the stock horn screws?
Here's what you need to order:

1) Passenger-side horn bracket, P/N 38151-SNA-000, $5.97
2) Bolts for horn bracket, P/N 90150-S84-003, $0.51 (NOTE: you'll need 2 of these bolts to mount the bracket to the bumper, one of which also mounts the 2nd horn to the bracket/bumper)

Be careful, though. The horns and brake lampss share the same 15A fuse. The stock brake lamps use 5.25A, which leaves you with about 9A (w/ a bit of headroom) to cover ALL added horns. So, if you add 2 horns, they must be rated at less than 4.5A each. If you add 3 horns, they must be rated at less than 3A each, etc.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I know the stock horn doesn't sound too loud when you hit it, but when the alarm system goes off that s*** is pretty loud! So if we upgrade the horn to a louder one it should make the alarm even louder, correct?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's what you need to order:

1) Passenger-side horn bracket, P/N 38151-SNA-000, $5.97
2) Bolts for horn bracket, P/N 90150-S84-003, $0.51 (NOTE: you'll need 2 of these bolts to mount the bracket to the bumper, one of which also mounts the 2nd horn to the bracket/bumper)

Be careful, though. The horns and brake lampss share the same 15A fuse. The stock brake lamps use 5.25A, which leaves you with about 9A (w/ a bit of headroom) to cover ALL added horns. So, if you add 2 horns, they must be rated at less than 4.5A each. If you add 3 horns, they must be rated at less than 3A each, etc.

I have ordered and installed those parts already last week. No problems so far with the stock fuse.:wheee:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.