8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I installed small purple neon lights on my first car, 2006 Civic EX Coupe!
I don't really want to put that on my dash so I installed it at the corner:) (Can't see the light bulb)
It's not really bright but it's bright enough with white reciepts in it.
At the side dash on the driver's side(under the steering wheel), there's a little space for wire cleaning.
(Got this used purple neon lights with bass senser for $10 :D )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried LED too with white + blue mixed color.
LED is much cheaper if you pay for a full price and LED is way brighter.
But I like the Neon better. It's sexier :)

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Didn't wanna mess with transistors and bread-boards and crap for the LEDs, huh? lol...I wouldn't have.

What size neon? 3"? Optix (aka Streetglow) or some other brand? And did you hard wire it into the car's electrical or is it switched? I had a small neon for an accent light in my 97 HX--it was the only "ricer" qualified mod on the car--but it made this annoying noise when I had it plugged in, so I took it out to hard wire it and never got around to it.

·
Banned
325 Posts
That looks very classy,

To be honest, when i saw this thread, i thought it was gonna see some ricer neon, but that looks good, and it serves a purpose as a light for the cubby.

Please do a write up on this as to how you got it in there, and some daylight pics to help with install.

I think the EX has the ambient lighting, but this would be a nice touch with a blue LED.

GREAT JOB!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I'd like to make my OWN courtesy light....

buy couple blue neons and hoook it up to the dome light switch. so it comes on whenever the door is open or the light switch is ON.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, sorry for the last reply.
I was away for a month.

Well. without navi, it's ok to me.
With navi will be much better but I don't think it worth it.
And there is no navi in CAD model :(

Installation was really EZ.
1. Buy a neonlight (about$20~30)
2. Plug 12v adapter and bond Neon light with doubleside sticker. :)
3. Hide cords under the steeling wheel ( there are some enough spaces for hiding cords)
4. If you put a white sheet (usually Gas reciepts) under the neon, you will feel much brighter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts