8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I just posted this link in my GTR thread as well.

Looks like the haters and doubters are proved wrong yet again hahahahaha.

People don't want to give anything the benefit of the doubt anymore, sad.

This is going to be one amazing car. The more of these tests that are published, the bigger the markup on the cars is going to be.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
I can't believe more of the GT-R fans have not commented... Kingmarine? :)
I am here. I will not be on the 8th as much as I used too, more important priorities have been exposed and need to be dealt with...

I just watched the video about 15 minutes ago but wasn't going to respond until I saw your comment.

Apparently it's proven that people who underestimated the GT-R are straight morons, Why? No, not because they didn't think it could do it but it's been apparent that over the years that the car manufacture UNDER RATE their cars when it comes to speed. Why do you think Nissan is any different? NOT ONLY THAT but the road was slippery, or so they said so with slicks, on a sticky track you can say hello to the 10's in the 1/4 mile. And think about the spec V, lighter, more power, better tuned suspension (how much better can it get?)= the ownage of just about EVERY single car under 300k, no doubt. The GT-R just PROVED that it is the best-bang-for-the-buck supercar so the Z06 owners can now finally shut their trap. American cars ALWAYS dominated the 1/4 mile stretches and too bad that's all they are good for because the JDM market not only is starting to beat them at their own game but also still holds awards in reliability and handling. Think about slicks, 3.1 seconds, hell on the right road you might not even need slicks to achieve that time, and with them on the right road would equal 3.0 or 2.9 0-60 times, there's something the Z06 nor SRT-10 can't do. More? Again the Spec V with slicks approaching Bugatti Veyron times with half the power?

Sorry guys but the GT-R has done it and will continue with the Spec V.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Its AWD, but it probably is a 60/40 split. So the rear wheels are getting slightly more power.

Amazing times for a factory car...
I would put it slightly more than that since the transmission is in the back, putting it around 70/30, just my opinion. And the slalom the rear wheels definitely had more power than the fronts, that's why I guessed what I did.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am here. I will not be on the 8th as much as I used too, more important priorities have been exposed and need to be dealt with...

I just watched the video about 15 minutes ago but wasn't going to respond until I saw your comment.

Apparently it's proven that people who underestimated the GT-R are straight morons, Why? No, not because they didn't think it could do it but it's been apparent that over the years that the car manufacture UNDER RATE their cars when it comes to speed. Why do you think Nissan is any different? NOT ONLY THAT but the road was slippery, or so they said so with slicks, on a sticky track you can say hello to the 10's in the 1/4 mile. And think about the spec V, lighter, more power, better tuned suspension (how much better can it get?)= the ownage of just about EVERY single car under 300k, no doubt. The GT-R just PROVED that it is the best-bang-for-the-buck supercar so the Z06 owners can now finally shut their trap. American cars ALWAYS dominated the 1/4 mile stretches and too bad that's all they are good for because the JDM market not only is starting to beat them at their own game but also still holds awards in reliability and handling. Think about slicks, 3.1 seconds, hell on the right road you might not even need slicks to achieve that time, and with them on the right road would equal 3.0 or 2.9 0-60 times, there's something the Z06 nor SRT-10 can't do. More? Again the Spec V with slicks approaching Bugatti Veyron times with half the power?

Sorry guys but the GT-R has done it and will continue with the Spec V.
Agreed with everything but the Spec V comment. I don't agree, that thing reminds me of a baby Altima or 350z...

Long live the GT-R!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.