8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to this page. I've owned my 8th gen coupe for almost 2 years now. This past year i started to add some mods: Stage 1 exedy w lightweight flywheel, snk2 Short ram intake, Megan racing v2 header with test pipe, Megan racing mid pipe, and Megan racing axle back. I also had the car etuned for 93 pump gas. since owning it I've been considering adding more power either forced induction or nitrous. The car has 162k miles but I've owned it since 144k and haven't had any issues.

I was wondering what i should go over in the motor to make sure everything is good. Also i was wondering what proper components i need so the nitrous work properly and safe.. I'm looking to run a 75 wet shot.

I appreciate help,

Matt

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldn't imagine you have to do much if the car already runs good. I would just make sure you are doing oil changes when you need to and maybe some spark plugs depending the last time they were changed. I would also look into doing a valve adjustment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't imagine you have to do much if the car already runs good. I would just make sure you are doing oil changes when you need to and maybe some spark plugs depending the last time they were changed. I would also look into doing a valve adjustment.
Okay thanks for the input! I change my oil about every 2k miles and plugs i just did back in April, I pulled them yesterday to do a compression test and they all looked mint. am i able to do the valve adjustment myself or do you recommend a shop doing it? and are you running nitrous?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Okay thanks for the input! I change my oil about every 2k miles and plugs i just did back in April, I pulled them yesterday to do a compression test and they all looked mint. am i able to do the valve adjustment myself or do you recommend a shop doing it? and are you running nitrous?
Please take my info and the info of others with a grain of salt on here. I am not a professional by any means I just work on my car occasionally and go by what I see. What's your reason for doing the 2k mile oil changes?

Yes you can perform the valve adjustment yourself if you are comfortable working on your own car. You will need to take the valve cover off and I would recommend replacing the valve cover gasket while you are down there. I would recommend going to a shop if you are not comfortable doing it and you have a trusted shop in mind.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I agree with the valve adjustment. Just did mine for the first time (ever) and it wasnt too bad with the proper tools and research. My local Honda dealer wanted $250 to do...not terrible, but I figured I'd live and learn. Only other thing you "might" want to replace would the be the timing chain tensioner. By no means critical, but certainly piece of mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts