8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Which option????

• Option 1= Mugen side and rear skirt

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • option 2= Jdm/CSX rear end conversion(taillights,trunk)

Votes: 59 74.7%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys and girls... I'm going to be receiving some money soon. There are a couple things I want to add to my car. I can't make up my mind what to do first. I will only have enough money for one of the options.

Here's my car now..

Here are my options:

Option 1. Buy the Mugen side skirts and rear skirt
(Mugen Side Spoiler)

(Mugen Rear Under Spoiler)

Option 2. Do a JDM/CSX rear end conversion (taillights and trunk ONLY!!). I will be reusing the the Si spoiler.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i voted rear conversion only because i think the lips may look wierd with the HFP front lip. I dont like the JDM tails though. they look like Euro lights, the only differnce is they are stock which makes them JDM. Too bad JDM still looks like rice sometimes.

·
Registered
770 Posts
your gonna have a funky car man...JDM parts are meant for japan...maybe start by dropping your car...or performance mods...if you want a type R look, I would first start by backing it with performance

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Skirts. Ppl in Japan talk about how the USDM back end looks cleaner and classier. Ppl here talk about how JDM is sportier. Take a step back and think about why you're purchasing it--is it cus' you want something you can't have, or is it because you really think that JDM back end looks better? I think the JDM one does look sportier, but also cheaper. Mugen skirts would complement your HFP front.

·
Registered
14,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Skirts. Ppl in Japan talk about how the USDM back end looks cleaner and classier. Ppl here talk about how JDM is sportier. Take a step back and think about why you're purchasing it--is it cus' you want something you can't have, or is it because you really think that JDM back end looks better? I think the JDM one does look sportier, but also cheaper. Mugen skirts would complement your HFP front.
I REALLY like the JDM rear lights... I actullay can't stand the rear end of our civic's. When I first saw the rear of the our 8th gen 4dr's they instanly reminded me of the last body style 4dr:face-puke. I instanly tought the JDM looked better. That's why I want them.

And you're right about the Mugen skirts!! they will look awesome!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'd do the skirt if it was a lot cheaper. If they're closely the same, I'd do the conversion. But it seems like the conversion would cost more. I wouldn't spend much of my money changing the way my car looks, I'd spend most of it buying performance parts - but that's just me. But, either one would make your car look that much more awesome.

·
Registered
580 Posts
JDM taillights do look a bit cheap (but just a little). They're not bad, but I don't see why you would want to spend money on something that doesn't necessarily "look" better...it's just a different look. The skirts would add more to the appearance of your car IMO so i'm all for the skirts.

·
Registered
928 Posts
JDM taillights do look a bit cheap (but just a little). They're not bad, but I don't see why you would want to spend money on something that doesn't necessarily "look" better...it's just a different look. The skirts would add more to the appearance of your car IMO so i'm all for the skirts.
Cheap? buddy they're JDM Taillights....:police::box:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts