8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the Innovative kit include the front mount and the Hasport kit include the rear mount? Which kit gets the job done the best without transmitting harmonics into the cab. I know the Hasport kit cost more, but if it transmits less vibration then they might be worth it. I have done a ton of searches but haven't seen anyone talking about the different mount locations.

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I called Hasport and Innovative and talked to them about their mounts. Innovative said they didn't make a rear mount because they found that it could lead to cracking the oil pan on the 8th gen so they just make the front three. They also said they didn't recommend anything softer than 75a for our cars due to the weight of the motor. Hasport said they didn't make a front mount because the rear mount does most of the work for holding the motor so the front mount wasn't necessary. They said that the 62a would do just fine for a street car. So now I guess I need to decide if I want to run the Innovative 75a or the Hasport 62a.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sounds like 2 different philosophies..what kind of power range u goin for? I lean towards hasports being the better choice. Innovative requires more durometer maybe cuz they didnt make a rear mount

·
Registered
151 Posts
im thinking innovative 60a mmounts with 62a rear hasport dogbone, im only doing mild bolt ons, so i think that is ample stiffness for my set up that i am planning according to the research ive done.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
im thinking innovative 60a mmounts with 62a rear hasport dogbone, im only doing mild bolt ons, so i think that is ample stiffness for my set up that i am planning according to the research ive done.

Just so you know 60a isn't even as stiff as the stock motor mount rubber.

If you get 60a i'd get at least a 75a rear hasport mount if you're getting that too.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Just so you know 60a isn't even as stiff as the stock motor mount rubber.

If you get 60a i'd get at least a 75a rear hasport mount if you're getting that too.
Sorry, but where do you get this information?

The stock rubber mounts have HOLES IN THEM. They are absolutely not as stiff as aftermarket 60a mounts.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
I don't understand why you would go with a knockoff of the Hasport rear mount, just to save $10.

If you're concerned about budget and vibrations, my $0.02 would be to go with the 62a Hasport rear mount only.

IMHO, it's noteworthy that HPD only replaces the dog bones. If the side mounts are good enough for them, they're good enough for me.

I would not even consider Innovative based upon their explanation of their product.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I talked to a fella on this site for a while on the phone, he has built a bad ass civic and plenty of other cars before this, he said if he had to do it again he would go with the innovative mounts with the hasport rear. he said he had innovative mounts on everyone of his car builds and they held up great. This was a guy who would launch his car at 5500 rpms off the line. He tried hasports on his 8th and blew them out and started blowing out the bushings again after hasport replaced them once, so hasport sent him new bushings again. The innovatives never blew out.

I have yet to get mounts, but I am going off of this.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think om going to sample just the hasport dog bone and write a review on it, there is a rate you mount thread, but I dont see it as a very through review of those mounts, can anyone verify what that guy said about the 60a being softer than stock?

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
I don't understand why you would go with a knockoff of the Hasport rear mount, just to save $10.
Too each his own..

In my opinion the ZERG rear mount offers an authentic Prothane 75a Bushing with Lifetime Warranty and is a BIG PLUS in my book.

Who makes the Hsport bushing? Just a point I wanted to make.
:beer:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just pulled the trigger on a set of Hasport 62a mounts. I will let you know how they are once they are in.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nice. U will love the hasports. Im running the full 70a kit and it barely vibrates more than 3 injected stock dogbones. Install was a beezy when it came to that one bolt on the inside frame, next to the transmission. I would recommend a ratcheting wrench, 17mm i believe??. You will see ;)

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Sorry, but where do you get this information?

The stock rubber mounts have HOLES IN THEM. They are absolutely not as stiff as aftermarket 60a mounts.
They might have holes in them but the rubber that is there is stiffer than 60 durometer.

This is why people get 60 or 62a mounts and have issues in the future with wheelhop coming back, or with the mounts starting to actually sag.

If you're getting motor mounts, get motor mounts and don't compromise. Otherwise fill your stock mounts and **** off.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
20 Participants
Andrymike
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing