8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
searched with no results and im down to these 2 intakes just need opinions/facts/etc. what is the sound difference between the 2, does 1 run more rich or lean, fitment issues and any difference in gains? i hear injen is more of a whistle sound almost like a blowoff valve during WOT where fujita is louder and more aggressive? o btw car is an Si coupe :popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-ons-all-motor/27833-best-sri.html

I'd say the Fujita sri. These 2 are also very good intake systems and they're both really aren't all that different. I wouldn't mind getting either one.

Fujita gives more HP but the Injen provides more torque. "Horsepower sells cars, but torque wins races."

Fujita got taken to court by Injen because a lot of Fujita employees went straight from Injen to Fujita. Lol, guess who lost in court?

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
obv thats not the case as 1 has a completely different sound than the other and 1 makes more power/tq than the other
not true Different cars dyno different numbers, diferent dyno give different #s, different temperature give differnt numbers. At the end of the day its a hollow tube with a filter on the end. Filter has more to do with it than the pipe itself

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
not true Different cars dyno different numbers, diferent dyno give different #s, different temperature give differnt numbers. At the end of the day its a hollow tube with a filter on the end. Filter has more to do with it than the pipe itself
I don't mean to thread jack but so if I put on a better air filter I'll see a difference? What kind of filter are we talking about?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you make a valid point sir :thumb:, any other opinions on gains/sound/a-f ratios/fitment issues?

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
you make a valid point sir :thumb:, any other opinions on gains/sound/a-f ratios/fitment issues?
Yeah honest opinion to keep the best low end drivability and Top end performance all in one in a SRI your best bet is to cut out a factory MAF Sensor from the Top of the Air box lid. Buy a Spectra coupler and a filter.

Its cost efficient and keeps A/F ratios Consistant.

All the benefits of Aftermarket and none of the Drawbacks

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
i have a fujita sri and i get codes sometimes for "system too lean" but only when its really cold. my assumption is it pulls in too much air for the ecu to compensate enough fuel. but it sounds really nice and made a difference in performance.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have a fujita sri and i get codes sometimes for "system too lean" but only when its really cold. my assumption is it pulls in too much air for the ecu to compensate enough fuel. but it sounds really nice and made a difference in performance.
whats the sound like and did you reset the ecu after the install?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
ive deleted the codes with a scan tool. but the CEL came on again when it got really cold out but after a few more starts it turned off by itself b/c it wasn't running lean anymore.

here is a lil vid

before

after

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.