8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I ordered a NIB Injen SRI off of ebay for $100 a few weeks ago (first bad move I guess). I asked the seller questions about why it was so cheap - he said it was NIB and that he was just trying to clear out his inventory. It seemed pretty reasonable and the guy responded quick so I assumed he was legit.
The intake came a few days later in the box as specified, but the seal was broken. I didn't really think anything of it. I opened it up and the nice shiny pipe was there and a bag of components (elbow, hoses etc) so I assumed it was fine. I left the guy positive feedback.
Yesterday I opened up some of the bags and started to read the directions and noticed that they were for the CAI rather than the SRI. I said "No problem - I'll just print the directions off of Injen's website)... then I realized there seemed to be a lot of extra hoses and that the elbow looked a little more angled than I expected. Then I realized that all of the components except for the actual pipe is for the CAI.
I have already contacted the seller who turned out to be a really cool guy - he gave me a full refund within 5 min of messaging him and told me I can just keep the intake. Only problem I have now is that I need to figure out where to get the missing pieces. Can I contact Injen, or do they only talk to dealers?

Here is the list of what I am missing.

1- 3 1/2" Injen Filter (#1015) - find this on Ebay for $50 i think right?
1- 60 deg elbow w/step (#3007)
1- 12" -6mm vacuum hose (#3087) - I can just cut the 15" one down to 12" right?
2- Med. Power-bands (.362) 048 (#4004)

So I guess I just need the 60 deg elbow and the power bands.

Any ideas guys?

Oh and I also have these parts i could sell right?

3" Injen filter (#1014)
90 deg. silicone elbow
1- 18" 10mm vacuum hose (#3077)
1- 20" 17mm vacuum hose (#3080)
2- Power-bands (.312) 040 (#4003)

Any pointers on how to sell stuff on this forum would also be appreciated... I'm kind of a noob.

UPDATE!

Ok, so I found answers to a few of these things on my own. I found the 60 deg elbow on clubRSX's website as well as the air filter. I just need to find a place to get the larger power-bands. I emailed Injen about it and I'm still waiting to hear back. Do you guys think the .312 bands will fit?

·
Registered
872 Posts
So I ordered a NIB Injen SRI off of ebay for $100 a few weeks ago (first bad move I guess). I asked the seller questions about why it was so cheap - he said it was NIB and that he was just trying to clear out his inventory. It seemed pretty reasonable and the guy responded quick so I assumed he was legit.
The intake came a few days later in the box as specified, but the seal was broken. I didn't really think anything of it. I opened it up and the nice shiny pipe was there and a bag of components (elbow, hoses etc) so I assumed it was fine. I left the guy positive feedback.
Yesterday I opened up some of the bags and started to read the directions and noticed that they were for the CAI rather than the SRI. I said "No problem - I'll just print the directions off of Injen's website)... then I realized there seemed to be a lot of extra hoses and that the elbow looked a little more angled than I expected. Then I realized that all of the components except for the actual pipe is for the CAI.
I have already contacted the seller who turned out to be a really cool guy - he gave me a full refund within 5 min of messaging him and told me I can just keep the intake. Only problem I have now is that I need to figure out where to get the missing pieces. Can I contact Injen, or do they only talk to dealers?

Here is the list of what I am missing.

1- 3 1/2" Injen Filter (#1015) - find this on Ebay for $50 i think right?
1- 60 deg elbow w/step (#3007)
1- 12" -6mm vacuum hose (#3087) - I can just cut the 15" one down to 12" right?
2- Med. Power-bands (.362) 048 (#4004)

So I guess I just need the 60 deg elbow and the power bands.

Any ideas guys?

Oh and I also have these parts i could sell right?

3" Injen filter (#1014)
90 deg. silicone elbow
1- 18" 10mm vacuum hose (#3077)
1- 20" 17mm vacuum hose (#3080)
2- Power-bands (.312) 040 (#4003)

Any pointers on how to sell stuff on this forum would also be appreciated... I'm kind of a noob.

UPDATE!

Ok, so I found answers to a few of these things on my own. I found the 60 deg elbow on clubRSX's website as well as the air filter. I just need to find a place to get the larger power-bands. I emailed Injen about it and I'm still waiting to hear back. Do you guys think the .312 bands will fit?

I would just try to get an elbow from Napa, I'm sure they have something similar to this at an auto parts store. Even check autozone, I think they have the Spectre elbows. The vacuum hoses you can also get at an auto parts store. I would also suggest going with the Apexi cone filter as many regard this as a higher quality and you might as well go with the best if you have the choice.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
+1

the easiest thing to do would be try and find parts that are similar from autozone and put it together. It seems like you have the majority of what you need. I would even just get a k&n cone filter if they have one in stock.

If you would rather not go through the trouble of trying to find parts that match, I am sure calling the manufacturer would be the easiest place to start.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha... I ended up finding the elbow and the filter on clubRSX's website and ordered them. The filter came in and didn't fit. I feel like an idiot. I was shipped a complete CAI kit. I guess I'll be throwing it on the FS thread soon.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Just letting you guys know, the 60 degree elbow(#3007), according to the directions is incorrect. This is for the RSX only.

Correct number for Injen SRI elbow is X-3013 at 45 degree. Called Injen and confirmed it today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts