8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Injen CAI

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  JayPe3 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The official Injen CAI fit the SI engine. If you go with a throttle bottle spacer and gaskets you will need to replace the upper rad hose for clearance and to prevent heat xfer.

Here you can see the same intake on mine:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3023696

#7 · (Edited)
Throttle body is made by Helix. The gaskets are by P2R. All seperate.
Throttle body prevents heat xfer to the intake manifold. Colder the air, the most power you will draw. That's why people love Nitrous. It's a gas that instantly drops the tempurature by about 75% (don't quote me on that #). When you heat Nitrous up it splits into Oxygen and Nitrogen. More (cold) oxygen, more power.

Back to the Intake...

I've actually never been hit with a custom charge on mine. (I've ordered total of 3 across the border). I paid about $250 US shipped to Calgary.
Mine you UPS wasn't delivering and we all know how they like to pocket customers money at the door.

#8 ·
nextmod is a good canadian company and they are a sponsor/vendor on here, i have ordered from them a few times, including an injen cai last week for my r18. they are in ontario (markham i believe) and it got shipped to my door 2 days later (i live in halifax)

#9 ·
thanks dave. Im here in toronto and just bought Injen CAI from JRP in mississauga, ontario. Looks like they've recently open. I also bought hyrdoshield just in case. I dont want to be bothered with hydrolock. Any of you guys had a problem with hydrolock esp. here in sask?

#11 ·
Right on. You wouldn't have to worry about hydrolock at all.
The inside of the bumper is so closed in no elements really get in there (on my 08 sedan style anyways).

Let me know how it goes and drop a line if you have any install questions. (yes, taking the bumper off is the easiest way to install and DO NOT cut the wheelwells to make it fit. You will see that mentioned in some 'do it yourself' threads here.

- Dave

#14 ·
:cheerleader: Nice!

I would recommend a Spoon Sports Catback w/ Exhaust. I love mine.
You're gonna pay out the ass for shipping from Japan but damn!!
Vibrant is sexy too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.