8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Injen CAI installed and I've read a lot about X's intake, but I'm not ready to buy it yet (figured i'd wait till spring). Is there any reason for me to switch from my CAI back to stock, other then the fact that if i do get X's Intake, i'll need the stock setup. And also has anyone heard of cases where Hp was lost when the Injen CAI was installed. holla

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
HP and TQ are lost at lower rpm's with CAI, you do gain hp and tq at the higher rpm's. Let me see if I can find a dyno chart for you,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping someone would say something to tell me to keep my CAI on... but if im keeping my car in the 3-6k range and there arent any real gains in that region... then to be "safe" and allow for the natural AFR im prob going home to put my stock back on... i will miss the growl of the CAI though

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Friends don't let friends drive stock, enough said.

But why would anyone take off an intake and go back to stock, you get better HP and it makes the car sound awesome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spocheld said:

But why would anyone take off an intake and go back to stock, you get better HP and it makes the car sound awesome!

This is true... I guess im just jealous of X's gains... ok ill stick with my CAI for now... unless someone can give me a great reason to go back to stock... i've looked over all the dyno's and other crap about small gains... and I'm not afraid of hydrolock... but not a lot of talk about AFR... are there long term effects or truley bad effects of AFR being rich... any other practical reasons to go back to stock

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
spocheld said:

:pat:

...yeah ok...

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
spocheld said:

Most aftermarket intakes will make peak power, the only ones that don't are really X's Intake and the Password JDM design. Putting on the stock will also probably bring back some throttle response, as people have been claiming that it feels a little more sluggish with CAI than without.

I'd go back to stock, FWIW, because I'd rather have a car that has good power range throughout the powerband than making 20 HP at peak and nowhere else...that's not usable power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alotta work putting it on... and now it seems like a good idea to take it off.... well said izzy... its all i needed to hear to push me back to stock...

·
Registered
398 Posts
hmmm based on the stock and after graphs from prostreet motorsport, there seems to be gain at all rpm range from 4k to redline. So doesnt that warrant a better power range? The graph starts at 4k so i am not sure how the power range is below that, but based on 4k and above, anything below that shouldnt be that bad

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
if that all you want to hear then GO BACK to STOCK, that what i did after having my k&n sri, stock feel a lot better. Im waiting on passwordjdm to come out...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea... such better throttle response, even if i am missing high end and the growl... thanks for the support holla... neone looking for month old injen CAI $200

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, I was much happier when i change back to stock, I had fun with the CAI for a month. then it got annoying due to how it lags when i step on the gas, and response of the throttle. Although it does give a bit more gain in the high end, and at vtec it really roars. But to me stock feels the best, i notice the pick up difference after i put back the stock on. thats just my opinion

·
Registered
289 Posts
stick with the CAI, and get the fuel regulator and tune it.. that should fixe the "lagg" in low RPMs and should make better HP low and top end.... make shure tho.. that you have a full exhaust and even better with Race Headers... that is the best combination to tune a car... CAI/SRI, Race Headers, Full Exhaust, Fuel Regulator, and fuel line, get that and you will be VERY happy for having a ALL motor car...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah, I was much happier when i change back to stock, I had fun with the CAI for a month. then it got annoying due to how it lags when i step on the gas, and response of the throttle. Although it does give a bit more gain in the high end, and at vtec it really roars. But to me stock feels the best, i notice the pick up difference after i put back the stock on. thats just my opinion
And really it is all up to you so whatever makes you happy :woowoo:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts