8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put in sta-bil fuel stabilizer in my car and stored it. 1 months later i start it up and works great. 7 minutes into idle it starts ticking louder from injector #1. 3 days later same thing happens. after a period of warm up it gets louder..
why is this happening. Is it because of sta-bil?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why dont you burn off the tank of fuel with stabil, put in a fresh tank of gas, and then see if the noise is still there?.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant do that untill march. i need that stabil in my tank till then. any other ideas other then stabil? clogged injector?

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Dude. I don't think you really need that crap. I think it's unnecessary. I've had bikes for my whole life and I've always stored them over the winters and never used that crap. I've left them with full tanks and the fuel was fine 6 months later. I've never had a problem with any of my bikes. I think that stuff is from the leaded fuel days anyway. Do you know how long it will take for fuel to gel up or go bad? Way longer than a couple months. That stuff ruined my buddies carb needles in his 99 R1. It does more harm then good. Just my .02. Please don't take offense to this I'm just trying to help. OK?

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Ive got fule stabil in my Camaro but only cause it sits for 6 months at a time before I get a chance to run her. 1-3 months isnt neccessary for fuel stabil.

On a positive side,... our injectors are loud as **** as it is! I toook off my IM cover, installed a BDL fuel rail and those puppies got louder so,....there ya go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts