8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have not been to the track yet, but will be going when my cams get installed within the next month.

I have used launch control numerous times though, and had no wheel hop
Drag strips are way stickier than the street. I can't get good 60 foots because i hop so much, i even roll out the clutch a little. I'll definetly be buying motor mounts very soon since i like to track my car

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I currently have the ingalls ETD, and want to stiffen the motor more to smooth out the shifts even more so. If I wanted to inject 1 mount, which one would you guys prefer? And is the 3M Window Weld the softest material to fill it without much vibration over my ETD but still stiffen?

·
Registered
273 Posts
um theres no reason you should or be able to. they just hold the motor up. the torque mounts are which take the beating because they arent soild and some soft rubber. i cant believe i didnt just do this before. i have all 3 mounts done and get hardly any vibration and zero wheel hop.

Is it ok the inject the 2 side motor mounts?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the Ingalls ETD, which mounts will be recommended to inject to reduce engine movement?
the dash vibrates a little already with the ETD but I would like the engine to be stiffer so my headers dont break again.

Any advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
273 Posts
ive got a k24a2 built with stage 2 cams and injected mounts and i barely have any vibration. yeah there is some but its not that bad and i would do all of them imo.

·
Registered
54 Posts
after i injected all 3, when i first started car it was definitley noticeable. But after a few weeks it feels normal. Only really noticeable thing now is when im stopped at stop light and AC is running, but other than that its great!

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Hey guys, I inject my top dogbone and front mount. I have a hasport rear mount. Today was my first time really driving it and it feels weird. Vtec doesn't seem the same anymore. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm gonna try tomorrow and see..Any thoughts on this? Shifting is much smoother though!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Trying to revive an old thread here.... I have about 105K on my odometer. And as soon as I hit 100K, I kid you not, my car started to vibrate more when it's running. More so, when i run my A/C. But I don't run A/C much unless it's 80's or more in the summer.

Should I replace all my engine mounts with all OEM joints (Mounts)? or Should I install some after market ones. I noticed that my shifts aren't as smooth as before, and I replaced the gear oil with Redline synthetic at 75K. I'm not looking to change that oil again soon, but I'm thinking about buying a used Injected OEM Trans Torque mount. And maybe a Hasport lower mount that people get when they have a header. I heard that the lower mount helps improve shifting.

I daily the car, and I want it to be relatively comfortable. Not looking for too much increase in NVH. Any thoughts?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts