8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can either of one these products be installed in my car without having any installation issues or coming into conflict because of my supercharger ? MY race header is starting to bang and I need one of these on but idk if it can be installed perfectly with no problems..... Also which one of these would you prefer to get being that im supercharged and have a lot of motion under my hood and im broke.....:( wallet < supercharger :)

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
The powerstick will work no problem, but the torque damper will require grinding if you're using a Comptech Supercharger or running NST pulleys I believe.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
No, if you're using the Jackson Racing supercharger you're okay, you don't have do the grinding part with the torque damper, since on the JRSC the pulleys on the blower seats lower compare to the CTSC so you can use both the Powerstick and the Torque Damper.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chugiboi thanks a million man I appreciate all the information you posted up !!!! If you dont mind I was wondering which one would you prefer to get if you had to get one. I was going to go with the power stick.... from what I read a lot of people like it and had nothing but good experiences with it..... but yet the torque dampeners seem really nice too.....

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Not a problem. :thumb:

Well, I actually have both of them together before when I still have my Civic Si, so I can't really make a decision of picking just one of them, but if so I would go with the Powerstick instead.

Here the review for the powerstick.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/engine-swaps-mounts-pulleys/125802-ingalls-powerstick-review.html

The powerstick will make your car sound a little bit different from inside the cabin, and also you get some vibrations inside the car so that's the only draw back from the powerstick, but you'll probably not even notice the vibration after you get use to it. Other than that it's a pretty good mod to have if you like less engine movement and don't really mind the little vibrations.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already get vibrations from my racing clutch so I dont mind..... As far as the sound what do you mean ?

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
The car will sound little bit louder than usual, and when you hit vtec, you'll notice the car feel a little bit faster too, but really it's not faster, maybe it just feel that way because the engine move less therefore your car put down the powers better to the road.

Once you install it on your car, you'll know what I mean about the sound. Since you're F/I and no longer N/A, I not 100% sure if the car will sound different with the powerstick so don't take my wrong on that.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
So you had both on at the same time? I know it doesn't reduce wheel hop by 100% but is it around 90% at-least?
Not by 100%, but maybe more like 70%-80%. But since I don't really launch my car much and the car was bone stock at the time, I don't really think that you'll get that much wheel hop if you use both of them at once while the car is stock.

I do notice that when I shift at red line in 1st going to 2nd and from 2nd going to 3rd, the tire doesn't spin out as bad as if I didn't have the two mods.

But then if you're making like 220whp+ it will probably be less than 70%-80%.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry for the thread Jack and changing subjects. I was looking at both of these mods and didn't know if both could be used at the sametime. So thanks for clearing that up for me but I want to know if the boomba mounts would be better? And which mounts would I get, since they sell 2 types or can I use both mounts? Sorry again for the thread Jack. I just don't want to start another thread then everyone flame on me.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just ordered my power stick......It comes in on Wednesday... I hope this will fix my problem and its as good as what all you guys say

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well my header is crack so I will get my header fix and when I install my power stick I hope it will solve my problem......if not I will probably get the torque dampeners and run both at the same time.....

Hey chugiboi

Did you feel a big difference from when you just had one of the mounts on compared to both of them. ( powerstick and the torque dampeners)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i ordered my powerstick already.........going to run that and see how it is and then if that doesn't work going to order the torque dampeners..... I hate being broke I wish I can just buy some like full race turbo racing motor mounts or something insane like that but no money :(

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
i ordered my powerstick already.........going to run that and see how it is and then if that doesn't work going to order the torque dampeners..... I hate being broke I wish I can just buy some like full race turbo racing motor mounts or something insane like that but no money :(
sorry to hear, but i just sold my powerstick for $65.00..:eek:mg:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts