8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No fancy pictures but when I was trying to decide what springs to get I wish I had a few decent pics of a sedan with the springs I want. This might get moved to suspension and brakes but I hope to make a sticky post eventually for people to see different springs on sedans/coupes from a standard side shot instead of from an artistic standpoint.

FYI I measure pre and post drop with a measuring tape from the wheel well to the ground from the center if the wheel.

The pro kit dropped almost exactly as advertised 1 inch or so all around. These pictures are taken with 1 degree rear and 1.25 degree or front camber BTW.

Thanks for looking!

edit: before the drop pic..

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Nice drop! It looks a lot more than a 1 inch drop. Maybe it's the shadow or angle of the picture. Nonetheless, you have one smooth looking FBP FA5. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yodums said:
Nice drop! It looks a lot more than a 1 inch drop. Maybe it's the shadow or angle of the picture. Nonetheless, you have one smooth looking FBP FA5. :thumb:

It seriously looks more then an inch and I wouldn't believe it myself if it wasn't for my actully measuring it with a measuring tape.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
GORDATA said:
Dropped on Comptech Lowering Springs- I love this drop, Rides Great -1.5 Camber in the front and -1.0 Camber in the rear.
Are you running a camber kit either in the front or rear?

Looks like you're getting ready to head out on a roadtrip. Nevermind I saw your other thread about the cone battle.

·
Registered
14,511 Posts
xxbodkinxx said:
No fancy pictures but when I was trying to decide what springs to get I wish I had a few decent pics of a sedan with the springs I want. This might get moved to suspension and brakes but I hope to make a sticky post eventually for people to see different springs on sedans/coupes from a standard side shot instead of from an artistic standpoint.

FYI I measure pre and post drop with a measuring tape from the wheel well to the ground from the center if the wheel.

The pro kit dropped almost exactly as advertised 1 inch or so all around. These pictures are taken with 1 degree rear and 1.25 degree or front camber BTW.

Nice look man!! How does it ride?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kpSTI said:
Nice look man!! How does it ride?

Ride is similar to stock. Slightly firmer but not hardly noticeable.

The body roll is pretty much eliminated. I was torn between the sportlines and these and I can honestly say that I am glad I went with the pro kit.

I have 18x8 wheels on order and I think rubbing would be definite with sportlines. I'm hoping that I don't have that issue with the pro-kit.

By the way work xd-9's in bronze are the wheels I have ordered, 2-3 weeks and they will be mounted.

Debating between neo gens or kumo spt's as far as tires, still havent decided.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GORDATA said:
Dropped on Comptech Lowering Springs- I love this drop, Rides Great -1.5 Camber in the front and -1.0 Camber in the rear.

The comptech springs are rebadged pro-kit right? I remember reading somewhere that eibach makes the comptech springs.

·
Registered
14,511 Posts
xxbodkinxx said:
Ride is similar to stock. Slightly firmer but not hardly noticeable.

The body roll is pretty much eliminated. I was torn between the sportlines and these and I can honestly say that I am glad I went with the pro kit.

I have 18x8 wheels on order and I think rubbing would be definite with sportlines. I'm hoping that I don't have that issue with the pro-kit.

By the way work xd-9's in bronze are the wheels I have ordered, 2-3 weeks and they will be mounted.

Debating between neo gens or kumo spt's as far as tires, still havent decided.
Thanks man.. Your car looks great by the way! I am going to buy these springs soon. Where did you get yours from??

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Corsport, they are a great sponsor. Great customer service.

I got the springs front/rear camber kit from there.

Edit: thanks for the compliment on the car. I have wanted a si since the 00's came out. I had to settle with a 2000 ex back then, finally got the car I wanted this time around.

·
Registered
14,511 Posts
xxbodkinxx said:
Corsport, they are a great sponsor. Great customer service.

I got the springs front/rear camber kit from there.

Edit: thanks for the compliment on the car. I have wanted a si since the 00's came out. I had to settle with a 2000 ex back then, finally got the car I wanted this time around.
Awesome man!! Congrats on getting your Si.. They are great cars! Thanks for the info. +rep for you!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kpSTI said:
Awesome man!! Congrats on getting your Si.. They are great cars! Thanks for the info. +rep for you!

Any time my friend. Thats what these boards are good for, help each other out =)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
inyong1988 said:
nothing can beat Eibach sportline
I like the sportline but with the sedan's longer wheelbase i think I would scrape on alot of things out here in hillbilly country.

i scraped my lip good lastnight just turning from a side street onto the main road here...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts