8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard for sure that Honda is going to bring the Type R to the U.S. for the model year 2010? The sites I have read seem to indicate this is going to happen and the car will be a 4 door with a horsepower boost over the existing Type R that is in Japan. As I have decided to keep my 07 Civic Si coupe for the next couple of years unstead of buying a BMW 135i in the spring, I will be looking forward to the introduction of this car. I figure it would be avaliable sometime in late 2009 here. I would think the price would have to be over $30,000 considering the price of the Mugen Si. If Honda actually brings this car over and it looks good with approx 240 to 250 hp I would be glad I waited. Have any of you seen any information?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
for the mark up they'd charge you could get a 09 camaro with 400hp. kthnx.
and if it comes. which it wont. it will probably have no more then 220hp. being as im not a super fan of the 4 door look i'd pass. i like the 4 doors and all i just prefere a coupes lines.
everyone has there preferences though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would not let myself be seen dead in a Camaro, I dont care how much horsepower it has. Most of the articles I have read on the possible CTR that would come to the U.S. in 2010 model year have said it would probably get a bump in horse power over the current JDM model CTR. My car decisions arent based upon straight line acceleration, I want a fun, tossable, driver involving automobile with enough power to make it fun around the curves and also reliable.

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
check motortrend.
An engineer from honda that talked to a motor trend representative said they would bring the euro type R, not the JDM one.
Look for it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...i'm surprised no one has asked...

how about links to said articles for proof? :D
Im terrible at providing links, I just cant ever seem to get it to work, just part of being a 40 year old geezer I guess. If you do a yahoo search for 2010 Honda Civic Type R it will pull up several websites on this.

I wish they would give it the engine they are putting in the 2009 Acura TSX type s, 2.3 liter turbo with 260hp. I know I am dreaming though. This would put a serious dent into the Mazda speed 3 bandwagon.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UGH. Euro Type-R FTL.
I could not find this on Motor Trends website. Where is it at on the website?
Everything I have read has said the opposite, that the Euro version would not make it to the U.S. If they just bring the Euro version over here in its current spec it would be a dissapointment. I hope that Honda employee is wrong. I like the look of the Euro Type R but want more power to go along with the great handling

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
Didn't save the link but i knew i posted it somewhere
"Honda is considering bringing its European market Civic Type R to the United States for the 2010 model year, according to a published report. The Type R is equipped with a 2.0-liter iVTEC engine delivering 220 horsepower. It also features sportier suspension and an appearance kit, an assistant chief engineer from Honda told Winding Road magazine during a recent press event"

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
in 2010 when i need to replace my fg2... i would gladly buy another civic because i love mine so much... a type R would be awesome

... but if not evo x or 135 ...

·
Registered
923 Posts
I don't think Honda would bring another hatchback Civic considering the relatively poor sales of the EP3 in the US. I would much rather prefer the FD2.

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
135i has a twin turbo
They fit the smallest turbo available and then a bigger turbo. That counteracts the lag you get once you go turbo.
But the car's heavy yo! a car with 3,500+ lbs

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
i hope in 2010 we will get the jdm headlights and tails....cause when the syle changes again who knows what uglyness will get....[euro type r style]

1 - 20 of 98 Posts