8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to them today and they said that they have everything for my kit except for the blower itself. The blowers will be in on Jan 13th.:xyxnervou

So my wait time for the kit will be 8-9 weeks if its really the 13th. I know there are a few people on here waiting as well and wanted to let you know.

:mad:

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
ouch man i feel your pain. i didnt get a comptech but i had troubles receiving parts from the guy I bought my kit from. now its sitting here almost complete and I have to wait until after my 14day vacation to do anything with it :(

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
hey when did you order yours? cuz they told me 3-6 weeks when i ordered nov 6th. and obviously that hasnt happend. no tracking numbers and with holiday busyness i don't really expect it till january. hm. 13th huh. god thats ***.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
My tech says he has to start rolling from a stop in 4th, it's so crazy fast; is this true? Maybe he meant daily driving, and I misunderstood. He got Brembos. He also said he can keep up pretty well with an STi (older). All true?

Also: so I've never driven a turbo'd Civic, in terms of lag, are we talking normal putt-putt, and then turbo kicks in at 4200rpm, whereas with the CT S/C you're seeing full band torque? How would this do for autocross (STX, obviously)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
it was all just gargeled together like a kid to excited to ask for a cookie. lol.

let me see if i can break this down. you don't start in 4th. on anything. lol. sc's are great for daily driving. he's got brakes. keeping up with an sti im guessing from a roll. maybe.
turbo lag is relative to the size of the turbo imo but in general until it is spooling the power is stock ( ish ) not exactly. then it will jump in. and the ctsc's power is linear increasing from start to finish all the way through the power band. kinda like an n/a graph.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
UPDATE:

direct from comptechs email.

Mike,

Right now we are expecting the current batch of Si superchargers to be complete approximately January 15th. Once they have been finished they will begin to ship the week after. Thanks,

Comptech USA
ph. 916-635-4550
fx. 916-635-4632
[email protected]

:( was hoping to get it in dec. :( looks like i will have been waiting from nov 6th till jan 20th. or so.. :/ im guessing this is when they will be caught up on back orders. after that im betting it will be a 3-6 week manufacturing per batch.

·
Registered
807 Posts
The Tech. was behind the STi at 35mph.....then the STi WOT.The S/C Si heled it own!!!
The STi guy looked in the rear view mirorr and jaw droped.LOL

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Tech. was behind the STi at 35mph.....then the STi WOT.The S/C Si heled it own!!!
The STi guy looked in the rear view mirorr and jaw droped.LOL
:theyareon

·
Registered
298 Posts
What's wrong with the sti? Those things are fast! my bro has one with an intake and exhaust it runs low 12's (12.3 12.4) in the 1/4 mile

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
it was all just gargeled together like a kid to excited to ask for a cookie. lol.

let me see if i can break this down. you don't start in 4th. on anything. lol. sc's are great for daily driving. he's got brakes. keeping up with an sti im guessing from a roll. maybe.
turbo lag is relative to the size of the turbo imo but in general until it is spooling the power is stock ( ish ) not exactly. then it will jump in. and the ctsc's power is linear increasing from start to finish all the way through the power band. kinda like an n/a graph.
Yeah, I get that a lot in my typed communications :D
Thanks, Mike. That's why I'd rather go supercharged. Any thoughts on autox'ing a sc'd si?

He said something about having to put it in 4th; maybe he meant on surface streets? I'll get more clarification. So, even with a s/c it will just barely keep up with an STi? Stage 2 is better? So back to that sucky-Tein thread question, but are our cars not worth either autox'ing nor dragging? like, worst of both worlds, or am I not thinking this out right?

sorry to threadcrap, just wondering... i feel like I read "why bother FI this civic, may as well go STi, blah blah"... I surely love the daily-driveability of this vehicle bar none! it kicks in when you need it (at least for me) on the highway, passing grannies. Is that all it's good for?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts