8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up 8th... if I delete my stock catalyc converter would that make any perfomance improvement? Would it sound a bit louder with out it? lmk people ... thankz

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Yes and yes the Cat is the biggest restriction in the exhaust system cause the air gets jammed up there. Also the Smaller exhaust pipe that is being ran stock cause be exchanged out for a larger aftermarket pipe that will yield better gains, not by too much though.

Removing the cat does add sound as well

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes and yes the Cat is the biggest restriction in the exhaust system cause the air gets jammed up there. Also the Smaller exhaust pipe that is being ran stock cause be exchanged out for a larger aftermarket pipe that will yield better gains, not by too much though.

Removing the cat does add sound as well
I have a custom 2.5 str8 pipe with no resonator ...yeah I want it to sound a little more louder ..thankkz man

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
you will gain hardly anything from simply removing the cat. I've done it and I've dyno tested it. Same peak WHP and barely 6 whp for 200-300 rpms at vtec engagement.

Replacing the stock header and cat together with a race header will yield the best gains.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
you will gain hardly anything from simply removing the cat. I've done it and I've dyno tested it. Same peak WHP and barely 6 whp for 200-300 rpms at vtec engagement.

Replacing the stock header and cat together with a race header will yield the best gains.
finnaly someone smart. just cutting the cat out of there does jack. its the whole exhaust manifold aka header that needs to be replaced with a true header to get your massive gains.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
lol. says who? jesus people man up and spend some cash. buy a ******* real header instead of these stupid straight pipes that make your car sound like ****.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts