8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About damn time...so the rumors of a M coupe seem to be unfounded...

Hot on the heels of the recent revelation that Infiniti is working on a duo of new G-based vehicles slated to debut at this year's Pebble Beach extravaganza, we've come across a trademark filing by Nissan North America for "IPL." What's IPL you ask? Infiniti Performance Line, a new catalog of in-house developed upgrades which – according to the filing – will include everything from air filters to cat-back exhaust systems, and – more intriguingly – "automotive engine parts, namely turbochargers and superchargers."

The approach is likely to be similar to how NISMO develops and markets parts for Nissan or, more accurately, Lexus' launch of its F-Sport performance line.

This new line of performance parts will likely be unveiled this August in Pebble Beach and be fitted to the G37 coupe. How extensive the modifications are remains to be seen, but as previously reported, one of the models set to debut will be "performance oriented," and if forced induction is part of the package, we're anxiously awaiting our rendezvous with the modded coupe this summer.
Infiniti Performance Line (IPL) is coming this year — Autoblog

I hope they make some performance parts for the VQ35HR and not just the VQ37VHR.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
yayyyy and honda just gets more boring. Honda is like that geeky kid at school now, who won't even play on the swing set afraid he might scuff his elbow.

·
Registered
233 Posts
yayyyy and honda just gets more boring. Honda is like that geeky kid at school now, who won't even play on the swing set afraid he might scuff his elbow.
Watch the next gen Si be a total rock star.
you know they've got it in 'em.

In either case... i'm excited for IPL, if for no other reason than to throw some upgrades and run a g37 in a stock cross class.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
What are you talking about!?!?!?! We get 21 pound cast HFP wheels, HFP lip kits, HFP axle backs, HFP emblems, and the HFP suspension (which ironically enough is the only part that is actually mildly performance oriented). :tap:

I hope my sarcasm was smelled. I don't want anybody trying to throw down, thinking I'm being serious. :coffee:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm excited about it because I hope this means Infiniti will eventually start developing cars straight from the factory that will compete with BMW M, Audi GmbH, MB AMG, etc etc.

·
Registered
424 Posts
and yet honda decides to make a hybrid "sports" coupe. cmon honda... you seriously need to step up your game with a 250+ bhp k23 rear drive coupe! :eek:mg:

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I agree with you mattsbobo but we have to compare it to Acura (luxo to luxo) for it to be fair. And in all fairness, that actually makes Honda look WORSE! Are there even such things as ASPEC parts anymore? Does Acura have a performance-oriented luxo car anymore?

Honda/Acura = Fail.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
What are you talking about!?!?!?! We get 21 pound cast HFP wheels, HFP lip kits, HFP axle backs, HFP emblems, and the HFP suspension (which ironically enough is the only part that is actually mildly performance oriented). :tap:

I hope my sarcasm was smelled. I don't want anybody trying to throw down, thinking I'm being serious. :coffee:
your sig is hypnotizing

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I agree with you mattsbobo but we have to compare it to Acura (luxo to luxo) for it to be fair. And in all fairness, that actually makes Honda look WORSE! Are there even such things as ASPEC parts anymore? Does Acura have a performance-oriented luxo car anymore?

Honda/Acura = Fail.
I'm STILL waiting for the first gen TSX coupe to come out. :facepalm:

your sig is hypnotizing
That's me at my day job. Don't I have a sweet mullet? :giggle:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

Honda/Acura = Fail.
they do its an awd tl with a v6 that puts out 300 hp. but the catch is, it looks like this

:face-puke

imagine if awd and that engine was in this

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol that's riced out? You need to have your eyes checked.
No I don't, if it dumped the cheesy chrome rims and hideous mufflers, it'd be nice looking.

As it stands now, it looks atrocious...can only imagine how horrid it sounds.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
No I don't, if it dumped the cheesy chrome rims and hideous mufflers, it'd be nice looking.

As it stands now, it looks atrocious...can only imagine how horrid it sounds.
lol you're an idiot. So only "stock" is not rice?

So chrome rims on a mustang are rice?

chrome rims on a beamer are rice?

After market exhaust = rice?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts