8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey just wondering, for an 07 si coupe, which would be louder, a Injen Short ram intake or an Injen Cold Air intake? cause i know the cold air adds more hp but i also heard for the new si's, the short ram is placed in a hot area which can overheat even with a heat-sheild...is that true? thnx

update on the next page

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Short Ram is Louder, CAI sounds better. At freeway speeds your going to be sucking cold air with a Short ram anyways. Your choice make it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Welcome 2 the site man, when you gonna post up pic's of your ride? As for intake, I would go with a Cold air, thats what I have but heres my trick. I cut my AEM CAI in half & mad it a short ram so I don't have to worry bout hydro lock & turn it back into a cold air on track days.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome 2 the site man, when you gonna post up pic's of your ride? As for intake, I would go with a Cold air, thats what I have but heres my trick. I cut my AEM CAI in half & mad it a short ram so I don't have to worry bout hydro lock & turn it back into a cold air on track days.
what the??? i gotta see this:pics:

·
Registered
661 Posts
do you have a picture of your engine bay?

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
I have the Fujita SRI, and im pretty happy with it. Heatsoak isnt significant much, in my opinion.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wat protects your car from the hydro lock? is it expensive? and bro that will only happen if u go in like a river lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
So lets see my homie has a s2k with test pipe and cold air and when he v-tec its loud as fuk!!! and when i put my Fujita Sri in it screamed almost just as loud!!!and thats my only mod, i feel like i dont even need an exhaust so.... Dude with the Sri in V-tech it sounds like a Whole new engine HAHah iono but it sounds hella mean or Screams at you in V-tech with the sri.. i dragged a si with a cold air the sri is hella louder hahhaha iono IMO

i got my sri from ebay from a guy named JDM-IN-Stock for 150 its orginally like 220 but hes a whole seller or something.. and if you do get the sri the manual will mess u up.. just dont change the coolant tube its not needed

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So lets see my homie has a s2k with test pipe and cold air and when he v-tec its loud as fuk!!! and when i put my Fujita Sri in it screamed almost just as loud!!!and thats my only mod, i feel like i dont even need an exhaust so.... Dude with the Sri in V-tech it sounds like a Whole new engine HAHah iono but it sounds hella mean or Screams at you in V-tech with the sri.. i dragged a si with a cold air the sri is hella louder hahhaha iono IMO

i got my sri from ebay from a guy named JDM-IN-Stock for 150 its orginally like 220 but hes a whole seller or something.. and if you do get the sri the manual will mess u up.. just dont change the coolant tube its not needed
thnx man i know i didnt and plus this thread is really old lol i did get a sri and omg so loud like a new engine like u said! lol ya its louder than a cold air and i like it a lot more plus with my greddy ti-c catback and BuddyClub race headers the car is toooo loud lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts